London (change)
Today 29°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
18/05/2013 at 21:17

I was,nt going to buy any more plants either,but then next door neighbour told me about a plant sale in the next village,seemed rude not to go.

18/05/2013 at 21:19

Dove I hope you do get good weather.  I will feel soooooooo guilty if you dont.  It's been hot today...went to the beach for couple of hours.....well, it's just 5 min walk to Towans and another 10 to the beach. 

Planted a newish border today......poured in agastaches Blue Boa, black adder, and raspberry summer. Salvia patens and Amistad,  Artemisia Powys castle, miscanthus morning light, couple of hostas.....Patriot....verbena,bonariensis, carex buchanii, sedum,Posties Pride  ad echinacea hot Papya to fill in with existing euonymous Emerald n Gold, berberis atro nana, amd Cistena Crimson Dwarf, a couple of hellebores, pittosporum Tom thumb, Heucheras, etc. 

In theory it should look good but no doubt I will change something....I always do.

18/05/2013 at 21:24

Not much in the new border then Verdun.

18/05/2013 at 21:26

Gilly, iPad or site plays up a bit and stops me suddenly from posting.  So have to stop n start.

Yep, I take it seriously.  Too seriously methinks!  Had most of these plants over the winter or moved them from elsewhere in the garden.

18/05/2013 at 21:34

Verdun, have enjoyed many lovely walks with my late wife along coast and beaches (Towans) near you while on frequent visits. We may even have passed each other. If I had known of your love of gardening I could have added you to the list of great Cornish gardens to visit... Trebah being my favourite to date.

18/05/2013 at 21:34

Have a great holiday Dove Cornwall is one of my fav parts of the country been many times weather been great every time i went hope you get the same enjoy. Verdun it's great that people like you seriously take your garden and may i say share your knowledge with all us beginer's thanks. 

18/05/2013 at 21:46

Thanks Andy

18/05/2013 at 21:57

Well tea and bed now early start in the morning greenhouses to do before going to a big football tournament with the boys school team age 10-12 it's 7 a  side starts at 9am got a good team so should do well weather forecast good also so will enjoy.

18/05/2013 at 21:57

We love Cornwall ,Verdun, just a little envious of you living in such a beautiful place.

18/05/2013 at 22:43

Me too! I was born there, but I'm one of the mugs (well, Mum and Dad ) who moved away . Still, I get down there 2 or 3 times a year, and my little Sister works in Bude, and lives on the edge of Dartmoor, so I get to see her, and visit all my places that I love. Lovely Kernow 

18/05/2013 at 23:07

It poured today, like a bog outside. Some of my little plants had to be repotted, they were out hardening off but rain is washing nutrients out of the compost and they are sodden. One poor nicotiana had rotted. They are back in the GH drying off.

WW Trebah was our favourite too. Such a lovely path winding down to the sea.

Lyn
18/05/2013 at 23:29

I live on the edge of Dartmoor too, OH does quite a bit of work in the Bude area.

Pentillie wrote (see)

Me too! I was born there, but I'm one of the mugs (well, Mum and Dad ) who moved away . Still, I get down there 2 or 3 times a year, and my little Sister works in Bude, and lives on the edge of Dartmoor, so I get to see her, and visit all my places that I love. Lovely Kernow 

19/05/2013 at 13:59

Pouring today too. Our picnic was cancelled. Not warm either, not what you expect in SW France.

19/05/2013 at 18:03

Good evening everyone, Spent most of day in the garden on the big tidy up before the open-day in June. Tried to tidy and weed a bed but soon realised it made more sense to save what I could, but dig over the whole bed, replacing the saved items. Now have a "yellow" bed stuffed with coreopsis, to which I will add something red when I find it. Rain at lunchtime allowed me to listen to the Test match in the alpine house.

Now sun is shining and I am off to the pub to hear some music. Great day all round

19/05/2013 at 18:59

Weather in the Chilterns today has been very warm - shade temperature by the river in Marlow was 22c - don't know where it came from, as the forecasts were good, but not that good! Stuff in the GH is absolutely running away, so I must do some serious planting out / hardening-off this week. Haven't yet seen weather forecast for next week, but if it stays like this I won't complain. Hoping to get a couple of days away to the Tollgate Hotel in Bramber, Sussex,towards end of the week, so 'rain,rain - stay away.......' 

19/05/2013 at 19:17

evening all been rain and sunshine in devon got a new toy off a shopping channel on tv a kartcher pressure washer for the garden going to try it out on the paving as cant remember what colour the slabs are hope it works ok

19/05/2013 at 19:56

Beautiful warm day in Somerset.

Chica,you will enjoy your new toy,can I suggest you wear old clothes/waterproofs as you will get wet and dirty,but imagine the joy when you discover as we did that the grey patio slabs were a rather attractive buff colour.

19/05/2013 at 20:00

Evening everyone, pefect gardening day had......potting on and planting out

wonderboy, is your open day part of the NGS?

19/05/2013 at 20:02

Good evening everybody.  Had lovely weather today but just come in from plantIng just a couple of plants otherwise no gardenIng.

Been busy then woodgreen and we won the test match!!

Nice to read all your comments about Cornwall

19/05/2013 at 20:06

Been out there all day, even lunch on the terrace   Runner beans in, Swiss chard in, Shady Bank weeded, veg patch hoed, vine eyes and wires fixed for the espalier pear, supper eaten, now I'm going to doze for a bit