London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 15°C
29/05/2013 at 21:28

Wet and cold. Todays gardening was putting the Verbena Bs back in the greenhouse to dry out.

29/05/2013 at 21:53

Evening all, the weather was a dry and wet - went up station and done some more volunteering gardening had to do a lot of prep removal of grasses nettles and weeds - lots and still more to go yet, all going to be a wild flower area sown from seeds and also at home pricking out seedlings and sowing cucumber seeds in pots

I understand what you all mean about catalogue plug plants are small and need to grow them on some times nicer to go to the GC and buy bigger plants at more expensive price unless in sale

Night KEF

Me off to get cake

29/05/2013 at 21:58

here's a pic of some of the flowers

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24305.jpg?width=291&height=481&mode=max

29/05/2013 at 22:03

Gilly- it just feels like the Great Wall at times. Unfortunately it's not just a straight line which  is the problem, and then you get a bit done one day and next day it rains...

Not great for the concreting! Need the pickaxe for the holes too so I can only do a bit at a time. Not as young as I used to be 

Nice pic Ggirl 

29/05/2013 at 22:52

What is the colour of you fence fairygirl?  Lots to do still before any where needing to sowing wildflower seeds at the station and painting of fence as well green colour have to wait on weather there as well need it to be dry to do that  

30/05/2013 at 18:19

Hello everyone... I was actually pleased to see the rain today as I wanted some "me-time" and the rain was the perfect excuse to turn my back on my garden for a few hours and reflect on stuff. Treated myself to a very nice lunch in my favourite resaurant as well. I feel much better now. Sun is out now and that is good too.

30/05/2013 at 18:57

Been out with my small assistant - just in and got dinner on. Mixed the paint a bit Ggirl as the greens are too pale so it's an olivey colour now. Used to get a nice holly green. I've taken pix just in case anyone thought my fence was a wind up! That Verdun was being cheeky on the Morning thread so here is a pic of how far on I am! Tops still to cut and there are more posts in which are not in the pic but you get the idea.

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/P5300836_zpse523a3cc.jpg

30/05/2013 at 19:05

FG - I am agog !! Go, girl !!!

I can't even put up shelves ..... 

KEF
30/05/2013 at 19:05

Fairy, brilliant job it looks so good.

30/05/2013 at 19:08

Wow, FG, that's quite an achievement! Congratulations!

Family went home today and we went with them as far as an English Heritage castle on the Welsh borders and had a picnic in the cold, while rain threatened but did not fall. Them they departed, up England way, as we say around here, and we drove home. The sun even came out. It was sad to see them go - and a relief to get back to normal, all at the same time. We went straight to the nearest garden centre and had a decent cup of tea in peace!

30/05/2013 at 19:12

Thank you all 

There's a hedge going along the inside later in the year. Couldn't put fence any nearer the pavement as the footings slope right in but I'll let the hedge grow through. Haven't decided what I'm going for hedge-wise but I do like Hornbeam. Plenty of time to ponder it anyway. Daughter's getting quite good with the spirit level and a hammer!

KEF
30/05/2013 at 19:15

I've not done much in garden, done ours & M's shopping, had a chat and came back, had meal and pondered how to post correct size photos on here. Have asked on correct feed.

Tomorrow supposed to be much better, drizzled on & off most of day.

Surprise on news I'ts been the coldest Spring in 30yrs..I'd never have guessed, would you?

If my class 1 clematis doesn't flower tomorrow should I prune it next year?

KEF
30/05/2013 at 19:19

Fairy Hornbeam sounds nice. I can't offer help with spirit level, but did get good with a mini crowbar & my own chisel when we gutted this old house 13 yrs ago..shame we haven't quite got it back together yet.

30/05/2013 at 19:24

Looks really pro Fairygirl.

No gardening today. Poured. Again. Cold.

30/05/2013 at 19:33

BL- you've had shocking weather- you might as well move to the west of Scotland...

KEF I'm still waiting for my rescue montana clematis to open- there's a huge fat bud that's been sitting for ages taunting me. It knows I want to see if it's pink or white and it's infuriating  I'm not bad with a crowbar - amazing what you can do when you have to isn't it 

I just saw Andy's Iris pic on other thread- beautiful. What variety is it Andy?

30/05/2013 at 19:35

Fairygirl

I am impressed.  That's excellent. I take back all my teasing.......! 

Oh!  That was cruel ...pictures of cake being eaten

30/05/2013 at 19:36

You're amazing FG. Give yourself a gold star. 

Nothing's changed.  Still sitting on sofa.

And what are you going to do with all that teasing you are taking back Verdun.

30/05/2013 at 19:37

Going to tease my dog..

30/05/2013 at 19:56

Fairygirl that is sooo good. I have trouble putting up a picture hook.

Gardening Grandma enjoy you rpeaceful evening.

Verdun your poor dog

30/05/2013 at 20:00

Come and tase mine into a good mood, Verdun. OH wiped dog's bottom today ( the runs, after too many treats while kids here!) Dog has been growling at him ever since and showing no sign of forgiving him.