London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 13°C
24/06/2013 at 15:38

G'day!

Whoops!  Mea culpa! 

Thanks for advice Bev. 

24/06/2013 at 17:04

That is why some of us find it a bit confusing. Sometimes you want to answer someone on the morning thread, but you go out for the day and then it's the evening thread where your answer doesn't make sense. But when I suggested just making it one the people looking at it then wanted it left how it is.

KEF
24/06/2013 at 18:41

I think one thread would be good. Only downer would be only one chance to beat Verdun.

I'm getting a bit lost and missing some of the lovely pictures because they're in Summer's here & Gallery.

Right not the first tonight so I'm off to sort a meal.

24/06/2013 at 18:42

Hello (that's safe). 

Am I first? 

KEF
24/06/2013 at 18:42

p.s. We could call it Forking update ...

24/06/2013 at 18:44

Careful KEF!

I was first but then edited and KEF slipped in front.

24/06/2013 at 18:48

... But I don't care!

24/06/2013 at 18:48

Well I've just ruined a Bishop of york dahlia that I've been nurturing for months. Trying to turn it out of its pot, I dropped it. All three stems broke off 2 inch above base. Now they're stood in water. looks like i've got a lot of cuttings

24/06/2013 at 18:49

Forking update does have a ring to it

24/06/2013 at 18:52

Forking hell was what I thought

24/06/2013 at 18:54

Oh no!  Just heard my favourite, Nadal,  has been knocked out on first day.  Sorry Murray fans, but he just doesn't float my boat.

Naughty Kef, you been at the vino again. I'll go with the flow but I think there are some posters that only get on here in the evening and they didn't want to wade through a day of posts.

24/06/2013 at 19:04

Watch the spellcheck fb - you should see the weird stuff my iPad throws up when I don't expect it.

I really do have to re-edit sometimes. (The last sentence originally came out as:

'I freaky do have to rare-sit some sometimes.')

24/06/2013 at 19:19

Evening all. Quick visit from childminding at son's for 3 days - utterly exhausting! Know just what you mean, Birdy, my dodgy cursor leaps about and the wierdest sentences appear. 

24/06/2013 at 19:23

birdy, Thats why I don't post off the kindle. it has predictive texting that throws up all sorts of  efforts.  I use an old  i book laptop, without predictive texting.

24/06/2013 at 19:41
fidgetbones wrote (see)

Forking hell was what I thought

fidget....really....language....I'm a lady you know...

Been outside all afternoon  at these b****y posts again. Run out of cement now  and my saw's blunt! My undergardener was home quite early so we got a good bit more done.  Ground's hard and still lots of holes to dig though.

Tina- just saw your post re Wimbers. Can't believe he's been knocked out. maybe the French final knackered him. What a shame.

GG thought you'd keeled over from all your babysitting duty. You'll need another holiday!

24/06/2013 at 19:43

Went to Tesco to buy English supplies to take back to France and disaster no Marmite! Will try Waitrose tomorrow. Back to France on Wednesday. Got a good selection of plants and seeds to take back.

KEF
24/06/2013 at 19:51

Right gang a proper good evening.

I've potted on outdoor container toms that I just could not give away, so now have 8 in buckets,  10 toms in my GH and 10 in Mum's. Did Cleopatra ever bathe in tomatoes?

Herbs been re-potted to reduce and refresh them. Weeded my veg bed, got mucky knees, think kneeling mat needs a wash. Hint, hint ..shorts on.

Done my hoeing, OH cut grass here,  and I weeded whilst he cut M's. Put some more of the 89p SM shallots in, will give me 12 big fat bunches of "spring" onions.

Checked next door on watering duty for the week, nothing needed..his runners look worse than mine, don't know what's wrong with them this year. No Guinea pigs to tend yet, they arrives after this holiday.

Eaten first courgette, was a bit like Tom & Barbara carving their fried egg, but the bit I had was very nice.

Was going to watch Alan T on The One Show, but OH watching Channel 4 news, so didn't bother, just an ad' for tomorrow's programme. Will prob' watch it unless sitting out weather. Could record, but I never get around to watching recorded stuff.

Have a good evening all.

KEF
24/06/2013 at 19:54

p.s. Soz about your mishap Fidgetbones.

24/06/2013 at 19:56

Busy-lizzie: Mais toutes les cuisines françaises ont beaucoup de marmites. Malheureusement, point de Marmite! 

24/06/2013 at 20:01

Sorry about the language - blame it on the spellcheck.