London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
4 messages
02/08/2013 at 19:12

Ive been looking at various brands/sizes/glazing types online and in person in garden centres, and there is a bewildering choice !!

Im looking for a 8 x 10 size and what would you recommend ??

02/08/2013 at 19:28

Hi Simon, you'll likely get as many different opinions as replies - everyone has their own view.  For what it's worth, mine are: 1) aluminium frame, pre-coloured (powder coated) if you want that. 2) safety glass - expensive but the only type that will last for many years and essential if there are children or accident-prone (!) folk about. 3) for a GH of that size you want at least 2 windows and 2 louvres.  Extra windows and vents usually add significantly to the price and much more so with some suppliers than others, so cost these in when comparing.

02/08/2013 at 19:34

Strange, my previous reply didn't appear but it show in 'my posts', so here goes again:

Hi Simon, you'll likely get as many different opinions as replies - everyone has their own view. For what it's worth, mine are: 1) aluminium frame, pre-coloured (powder coated) if you want that. 2) safety glass - expensive but the only type that will last for many years and essential if there are children or accident-prone (!) folk about. 3) for a GH of that size you want at least 2 windows and 2 louvres. Extra windows and vents usually add significantly to the price and much more so with some suppliers than others, so cost these in when comparing.

02/08/2013 at 20:27

Hi Simon, given the choice I'd have a cedar frame greenhouse but unfortunately I'm not made of money or likely to win the lottery!  So i'd go for aluminium framed with safety glass and as BobTheGardener says 2 windows and 2 louvres, my single louvre and one of my windows have automatic openers which are handy when I'm out all day and it gets too warm in there.  I have one manual opening window as well, greenhouse size is 8x6'.  I bought it from Elite Greenhouses and had no problems at all.

email image
4 messages