Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

GW weather

LynLyn Posts: 23,190

The forecast, which should show five days detailed, is only showing one day, (today)

Is it just mine or anyone else noticed the same?

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Mine is showing today and tomorrow. I tend to use more accurate forecasts like Wunderground to plan though.

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

http://www.ukweatherforecast.co.uk/

Try this one Lyn, very accurate and a good long range forecast too.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Mines only been showing one day for a while.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

I do find it very accurate for my area, hopefully it will come back working soon.

Only two days full forecast showing all the rest are the shortened versions.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Lyn, I see what you mean - apart from Today, we only get the general stuff and none of the stuff below with the approximate timings.   I'll alert Daniel.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Hi, I've just heard back from Daniel - he's contacting the Met Office who provide the info. 

My guess is that they're snowed up image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

Thank you Dove, somehow I didnt think it was something Daniel could sort out. I do find this forecast extremely accurate for where we live, and of course, very handy. OH uses it to plan his day.

Lyn, I'm afraid that Daniel did warn that it might take a little while for the Met Office to sort out.  In the meantime, as the GW weather comes from the Met Office site, you can go straight there http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/ and put your location in and you should get the same amount of information that you usually get from GW.