Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

GW

ritnaritna Posts: 39
So glad GW hasnt gone off air for sport...thank you! Happy friday, happy end of the working week image

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

Agree absolutely - well done BBC powers that beimage

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Maybe we should express our appreciation to the BBC - they won't look at this forum. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

what sport?image

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

I thought the design of the garden on Love your Garden, was excellent. I wonder if they get a professional designer in now. But the cost was horrendous - a bit OTT I think.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • "things to remember before you harvest potatoes, they must have flowered".....erm  image

• Hester ScottHester Scott Posts: 181

Well, they can be harvested whenever one chooses, of course, but I have found that piece of advice to be correct.

just had a thought.  Few and far between, so it made me reflect a minute.  Here in Ireland we are really particular about our potatoes, and they must be as dry and floury as possible when cooked. With smiling skins, I.e split skins.  The term "waxy" is a terrible insult.  I'm not joking here. We don't like the look, feel or taste of waxy potatoes, even for potato salad!    So, we leave them in the ground until they have flowered and the foliage dies down naturally.

anybody like to come in on this?