London (change)
Today 13°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
101 to 116 of 116 messages
20/01/2013 at 11:33

Still snowing and its supposed to get worse. Here on the south coast we rarely get any snow but that is the exception this year. Its nice to be in the warm and watch it out the window.

20/01/2013 at 11:51

......................Still waiting..........................

20/01/2013 at 14:06

more to come on Tuesday here in the west.

20/01/2013 at 16:07
Have been reading everybody snow reports with interest but some people don't put what area they live in so the comments are meaningless.
We had about four to six inches of snow on Monday and further snow on Friday here in South Lincolnshire. We have bitterly cold winds at the moment but some of the snow has started to melt so I can only think that the temperature must have gone up although doesn't feel like it!
20/01/2013 at 16:17

Click on the avatars-location revealed- I can tell you are in Lindsey East, Flowering Rose is in Bristol, Highland Jeannie-clue in the name......................

20/01/2013 at 17:34

Snowed nearly all day here, wasn't in the forecast - Worcs.

20/01/2013 at 17:40

Steady fine powder here in Norfolk at the moment - not heavy as yet but it looks as if it means business.

20/01/2013 at 18:11
Snow looks so lovely, it helps control the nasties too. But, I'm glad ...so far... We in west Cornwall aren't getting it or the severe cold. And today it's been quite sunny at times. We get the rain and lots of it. For a small island the range of temps and conditions is amazing. Hey, this time last year we were soon to expect a mini,heatwave, remember? It may happen again..........
20/01/2013 at 18:13

Hasn't really stopped all day today near Leicester, but mostly fine stuff although it got heavy for an hour or two.  The last lot from a week ago (which only partailly melted) is now underneath 5 or 6 inches of fresher stuff which starting falling friday lunchtime - had to walk home from work friday evening as A6 was gridlocked, but it only took an hour - a friend was on one of the 5 buses I walked by and it took them about 3h to go 3 miles! 

Braved it and dug-up the last of my parsnips this morning, which are now in a slowly cooking stew with home-grown swede, poatoes, cabbage, winter squash, carrot, garlic and onions - can't wait!

20/01/2013 at 18:39
Verdun wrote (see)
Snow looks so lovely, it helps control the nasties too. But, I'm glad ...so far... We in west Cornwall aren't getting it or the severe cold. And today it's been quite sunny at times. We get the rain and lots of it. For a small island the range of temps and conditions is amazing. Hey, this time last year we were soon to expect a mini,heatwave, remember? It may happen again..........

Not this week-cold all week with more snow forecast in most areas

20/01/2013 at 19:46

Daughter in Edinburgh - no snow but flight back now delayed by about hour and half because of snow at Birmingham. Expecting more delay - B'rum apparently closed!

Lovely yes but..............

20/01/2013 at 20:07

I am in Essex & it's snowed all dayI do love snow.

20/01/2013 at 22:15

Still nothing but we are at about sea level & near the Beauly Firth. On Friday evening we went through Inverness & as we climbed up the A9 about a mile to the south there was about 1" with a little more during the evening. That area is above the snow line & always gets some when many other areas don't.

I've just looked at the traffic cameras across the highlands & there appears to be snow showing on the verges around most of them, but the roads are clear.

21/01/2013 at 08:22

Snowed again through the night here in West Lancs. More than last time and it's just started again . Not good.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17795.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17796.jpg?width=300&height=350&mode=max

21/01/2013 at 11:01

The Fens; 3 or 4" of snow last night. It isn't cold though; just walked down to the farm shop and couldn't see my breath. Also the puddles were nowhere near freezing.

21/01/2013 at 11:36

Finally picked up daughter from Brum airport this morning. Trying to snow again here but at airport and on journey home sun was begining to filter through. Not here though Hills are lost

email image
101 to 116 of 116 messages