Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Has anyone got any snow yet?

We are in Suffolk and as yet no snow, but it is bitterly cold.  Just wondering if anyone has got any yet ?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Nothing around Peterborough yet, forecast for tomorrow here. But I shan't mind if it doesn't come.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Yes I agree with you nutcutlet, won't mind at all if it decides to bypass us.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Nope -nor here eitherimage

• Kathy 2Kathy 2 Posts: 122

Nothing in Atherton (west of Manchester) but the sky is beginning to look that funny shade of grey. I love the snow but don't like it for travelling in!

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

No - not in Worcs. But so, so cold!

Just lokked out of the window - VERY fine snow starting to float down.

• kath51kath51 Posts: 3

Nothing yet but if there is some near Manchester it won't be long before it comes over the Pennines to Holmfirth in West Yorkshire

• Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892

I'm a bit confused by the forecast. The MET Office website predicts at least 4 hours of 'heavy snow' for the West Midlands, during the early hours, although the forecast on BBC telly didn't look as bad.

Anyway, I've just been outside to garden shed to retrieve snow shovel, and leaf blower. No point in having them in the shed. The snow shovel, from Homebase, is just a large square of plastic on the end of a stick, but quite effective for clearing soft snow. I haven't tried using a leaf blower to clear snow before, but would like to try it, if the opportunity arises.

Temperatures are forecast to stay above freezing here, so whatever falls may turn to slush.

Snow stopped now - nothing stuck. Sky def has a grey cast, maybe more up there.  image

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,066

We have snow.  Started last night with just half an inch or so sticking on feilds and gardens and roof tops.  Another  inch or so today and below freezing so it'll stay.  More expected on Tuesday apparently.   Roads seem to have been gritted so OK for now.   Don't know what my gaily budding clems and rhubarb are going to make of it all.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato