Start a new thread

1 to 4 of 4 replies

I live in central London and can't reach my nearest garden centre as public transport goes nowhere near it and it's too far to walk (also, I don't drive!)  I need to buy my potplant supplies online but don't know where to start or who to trust.  Does anyone have experience of a good online supplier?  I need things like seed compost, pots etc 

Hi MoonBlosson - I find that Ebay is great for a wide range of gardening products - fertilisers, compost, pots, seeds, tools etc at competitive prices. I found Oakland_gardens to be a great Ebay supplier for bulk items at reasonable prices and free p+p

Wilkinson's ( or wilko these days ) have quite a varied range for a reasonable price and they home deliver 

I suppose it depends on how many plants and how much compost you require. a lot of places charge for delivery and if you're not buying huge quantities, then it can work out quite an expensive hobby. 

why not ask your friends/relatives if they would be kind enough to take you to a garden centre to pick up things, and as a reward you could buy them a cream tea or give them something towards the cost of the petrol ??