Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Help

Hi there, I recently bought a bare root plant Magnolia Denuclata sunrise. I potted it up as instructed,it started into growth 3 weeks ago I was delighted but now the smallest and newest of the leaves are black and crisp could you please help.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    It could be wind damage or not watered enough, I could say frost damage but that's too late now.
  • hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

It could just be the shock of being transplanted. Now is so not the right time for bare root plants. Are you keeping it in a shady area and well watered?

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

pics added

• Hi all, thank you for responses, just changing the subject slightly, am I able to start a forum using my phone as i cannot seem to see the picture 'tree' on my samsung phone to enable adding pictures...  thank you.

• cathy43cathy43 Posts: 373

My established magnolia lilliflorum looks like that, I asked on here and the thought was it was fungal disease and to spray it, the whole bush looked like your leaves.  I sprayed it and the new leaves seem to be emerging ok. I love magnolias so if there are any other ideas greatimage Maybe its not a good year for magnolias?

• hi all . With our Manchester weather this could very well be wind damage. I have several issues with my garden at the moment and these images look very familiar. Hi Cathy43 you could be right. image

• It's been munched. See the holes?