Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Help

flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
Since yesterday I've only been able to reply on the forum by my mobile, it won't work on my iPad mini, other people are having problems downloading pictures too, does anyone know what's going on?? : (

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    Thanks Dove Basic Edit as worked whoopee!
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Glad you found it Flumpy image

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon ...

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007
    i haven't been able to reply or post threads since yesterday either, couldn't see doves reply but luckily flumpy mentioned the answer in her reply, i have changed it to basic and i can write a message at least but nothing else as i have always used advanced editor, hope they fix it as i can't post photos or use bold atm. i'm using a chromebook which runs on google, must be the website.

I use Firefox and it's ok here - so far image

Daniel has been informed - fingers crossed that he's in the office early tomorrow!

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• flumpy1flumpy1 Posts: 3,117
    I can write but no smiley faces I'm afraid, unless I make one up like this : ), yes also can't download pictures, hopefully they will fix it tomorrow : )

I understand it was to do with some ads that are sometimes on the site over the weekend - it's hoped that forthcoming work on the site will stop it happening - I'm not aware of the timeframe involved.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

I find Chrome is the best, less problems here anyway.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

I've had no problems with the site using IE or Firefox for ages (months) now but I do use adblockers so I very strongly suspect Dove's right about it being dodgy adverts.

For IE, I recommend installing a tracking protection list (TPL) it's just a simple click - advice from Microsoft here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/use-tracking-protection#ie=ie-11

I use EasyPrivacy TPL.

For Firefox, the best is Adblock Plus, also available for Android:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

Same (Adblock plus) for Chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • granmagranma Posts: 1,933

I fast learnt that these things are sent to try us!image

Me thinks image

imageGood job the pc is too heavy for me to lift, it would be long gone ......through the window image