London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
41 to 50 of 50 messages
15/03/2013 at 07:15
yup, same as many others, not too many manicured parts,but loving attention to the plants the main aim,and the "wild bit" at the bottom of the garden for the bugs and mammmals.
15/03/2013 at 09:44

I love having my garden realy tidy as we are overlooked (we are in a g/f flat and have the garden) I find doing little and often helps.  As I like having the wildlife too, I made a" wild" area with lots of rotting logs and a small pond for the frogs, 

15/03/2013 at 09:47
tongueincheek wrote (see)

where do i look at photos in the gallery.the only ones i could find where of jo swift at a flower show...not ordinary gardeners gardens which is what i am interested in.thanks

I think you go to Galleries on the first menu and when Joe Swift's Gallery appears at the top of the page scroll down and there are more galleries below e.g. Wildlife / Fruit and Veg etc... hope I'm right...

15/03/2013 at 11:25

After last years weather my garden is a complete mess, working full time means that the weekends are my prime gardening hours. If it rains nothing get done for another week. This year however i am determined to make some major changes and revamp the garden.

15/03/2013 at 11:57

Well my garden is a tip, not having time and things growing quicker and all the wrong things, like bramble and weeds. The wife would prefer to patio the lot.
But I like a nice garden, just hope one day or week, to get it back to its original glory.
That is when, I like everybody else, I win a lot of money.

15/03/2013 at 21:57

You go to Latest Posts and scroll down until you get to garden galleries 2013. There is lots to see and read and a link to another garden gallery last year.

15/03/2013 at 22:08

Inezhardie go here

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/garden-gallery-2013/75578-7.html

Always looking for more photos as well, trips out as well as forum members 

16/03/2013 at 09:28

Thanks Rosa carriola... I'm designing a new garden for a course I'm doing so maybe I'll post up the before, during and after pictures...

17/03/2013 at 17:32

I used to win prizes for 'Best Floral House' were we lived before, however we moved and a big job was to clear and plan and plant. It was getting there with the borders a bank floral additions and potatoes etc. when my husband took sick with Cancer (he was not a gardener) for 3 years all my time was taken up nursing him. Now I am on my own I just do not have the insentive to do anything as the garden (all 3 sections) are an absolute mess, I am ashamed of it. If I could get someone reasonable to do the heavy work (I am disabled) I would enjoy keeping it under controle and having colour and veg again. I am addicted to buying plants etc. so I am wasting a lot of money.

17/03/2013 at 17:48

I'm addicted to plant buying too! And after I broke my ribs a few years back I couldn't do as much as I'd have liked - couldn't lift/ bend/stretch etc... so I asked around and got a gardener to come once a fortnight to help me out till I was more able again,,,, He's still with me after 5 years and I don't think I could do without him now, though he only comes from April to October!  He does enough for me to be able to keep the rest "under control" and I'm hoping he'll be able to help me move my tubs and things when I redesign this garden for my course!  Maybe you could get someone to come for a short time ( a week or two only) and just get things under control or sort something out so's you can get back to doing it yourself?  It might just take a gardener a few hours and once they've got it started might that be the incentive you need for you to just keep going?

email image
41 to 50 of 50 messages