Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

If this was Yours ...

Hello!
I have just been given this Belfast sink, it was in a skip ready to be chucked out but luckily I managed to save it! Each side measures about 14 x 18 inches with a depth of 8 inches.
If it was yours what would you plant in it?
Of course I have thought of the usual Alpines & Herbs, but I was just wondering if any of you had some other ideas? I'm going to have a little think before I get too excited and rush things lol

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,697
    How about something that tumbles over the edge, like nasturtiums. A mound of red and yellow blooms.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Sempervivums, sempervivums and more sempervivums image 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I would bung up and seal the plug hole and have it as a bird bath. image Soz no plant ideas. 

• I admit I already have herbs planted in pots, and I rarely use them, so herbs aren't high on my agenda.
    I have quite a few Alpines also in pots on a little stand too, Dove I have been tempted to increasing my Sempervivum collection, I only have 2 at the moment lol

Great ideas so far image 

• Blue OnionBlue Onion Posts: 2,995

Vegetables.  A courgette in each side.  You'd be more likely to spot them while they are small, instead of discovering a marrow hidden amongst the foliage.  

Utah, USA.
  • debs20debs20 Posts: 39

Put the sink in the kitchen!...a waste to use it in the garden, it looks in such good condition...or...sell it on ebay, then buy a sink that is old and only fit for the garden and buy plants with the "profit"...

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Pond on one side (bung up the hole) and pond on the other! You could have one 'wildlife' and one more ornamental, with fountain (of sorts) image

Maybe grow some wildflower mix In both sides image

My fall back position would be alpines though image

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

But I like the shiny white appearance, and it looks great in my garden image image (I have a single sink btw - and it's shiny white image)