Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

I'm really going to do it this year!

B3B3 Posts: 27,472
We've lived here since the late 90s and I've really been a 'caretaker' for the plants left by previous owners. Many of them, I would never have chosen myself. The trouble is, I can't bring myself to do for them when they are in leaf or flower. I have decided that it will be easier to be ruthless with a bunch of sticks in the winter. I've put it in writing so now I'll have to do it!
In London. Keen but lazy.

• B3B3 Posts: 27,472
    Will plant up in the spring . Will just commit herbicide in the winter
    I know what you mean Verdun but there's two acubas! Also a Bush with fuzzy pink flowers that is in bloom for a fortnight and looks awful after that. Then there's a berberis in the wrong place. I am not after a blank canvas. I will leave some shrubs and small trees for structure -some of which I planted myself! I just don't want to work around the ones I don't like
  • hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053
    Go for it! Good luck and happy digging!
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
    Thanks for your good wishes chaps
  • Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452

Put an 'Offered' advert on your local Freecycle / Freegle website and you might find someone who would like them and is willing to come and dig them out too. You won't feel bad about getting rid of them then and someone else will get some free plants. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Very exciting for you.

Can we have a series of before / during, and after photos?

We're a nosey bunch here.

Devon.
    Haven't used my camera for a while. Will work it out and get on with it