Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Impruneta terracotta I

Lottie14Lottie14 Posts: 7

I've just imported some Impruneta terracotta pots and wondered if anyone had any suggestions to age them? Has anyone ever tried painting them with a colour wash ?

thank you

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

dilute some live yoghurt with rain water , and paint it all over the outside.

It should encourage moss and lichens to grow.

• sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

yes i'd say live yoghurt too but i wouldn't have diluted it, mind you if i did it with my present dog he would lick it all off as he loves live yoghurt image

• Lottie14Lottie14 Posts: 7

What proportion of yoghurt to water. There are six pots to do, each 90cm high with a diameter of 1m so it's going to take a lot of yoghurt image which is why I thought colour washing may be a possibility

Mine too Sanjy image

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

add the live yogurt to some mild and leave a couple of days and you'll have more yogurt.

I'd not  colour wash.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

No, don't colourwash - stick to the yoghurt, paint them all over and leave them in a shady corner - preferably one where there's already some mossy growth.  image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Pink lilyPink lily Posts: 175

Apparently if you put buttermilk, water and a handful of moss in a blender, then paint the mixture on the pots,  moss should grow fairly quickly.  Saw this recipe on pinterest the other day....haven't used it myself yet image

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Time will do it for you no matter what mixtures you use.  

• MMflowerMMflower Posts: 79

Hi Lottie14, on a side note, may I ask the website from where you've been able to get the Impruneta pots imported? Thanks! image

I'm a retailer and imported them direct MMflower.