Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Is it time....unification of evening and morning FORKERS?

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

Since we are all overlapping now and posting on both evening and morning FORKERS.....I do it too now....is it now time to unite the FORKERS?  (glad there is a spellchecker there image)  Maybe keep the FORKERS bit, say "hello FORKERS" .  It would still respect Brumbull's place as the originator.  So, what do you guys think?  Shall we have a yes, no response and nominate a proposer?   I nominate Dove as she slipped me a fiver earlier image

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

Yes I agree Verdun. I have been thinking this for a while but knew that the idea met some resistance last time and so let it be. Unusual for me as usually I like to give things a good poke with a sharp stick.

It would be so much easier to run seamlessly through the day and would also tend to keep the thread higher up the page in the evening.

So back to my normal self I propose it and second it. Motion passed next agenda item! 

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Yes

As I don't come on that often I find it hard to keep up with the 2 - eg just posted on Evening inreply to a question. Only one thing will be harder to back track 

Hello Forkers - sounds a good title

• Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

I think the regular posters, which excludes me, should be the ones to decide. I will be happy with whatever they would like to do. Usually miss most of the Morning Forkers anyway!!

• I think we should plus the other threads are sooooo long when you have to manually scroll it takes from am to pm! But what to call it .....  For forks sake lol

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Nice thread title Stacey. 

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • MrsGardenMrsGarden Posts: 3,951
    Yes please, great idea. Thread title ? Forkers and diggers? no seriously we don't need the stress of who likes what, im happy to stick with first idea whatever it was, sorry waffling...

We will need to regularly post a message on other threads so non regular s will get their email esp those who hibernate over winter...and know where to come.

Could we also have (any) title in capitals ( uppercase if you will) so its easy to find.
  • SwissSueSwissSue Posts: 1,447

I agree Verdun and second the motion, G'day Forkers!image

• I don't mind, but I quite like Stacey's title!! He heimageimage

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

I agree,and will ninth the proposal by Verdun,it will make life a lot easier.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

I've been getting blown around on the coast so I've missed all this, but I think it's A Jolly Good Idea image  if I'm first up in the morning it takes me for ever to find the Morning Thread.  

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.