21 to 40 of 54 messages
25/03/2013 at 14:46

For me too it will at last mean that I can get out in the garden after work. I've currently got 2 weeks off work beacuse I have to use up my holiday and I am feeling cheated! I'd ordered dry warm and sunny for my break but what do we get!  So much to catch up on!

25/03/2013 at 15:22

We don't get an extra hour though do we.  Just a change of time which, I've discovered, irritates the Belgians too and they'd like to stay on permanent summer time and stop messing about.

The forecast is not good for the next week so we'll be happily employed sorting out theh barn and clearing and sorting stuff so the walls are accessible for damp proofing injections.  If we get some sun, we'll snatch an hour or two outside but we do have to get all our walls cleared by the 2nd.

25/03/2013 at 15:25

You actually lose an hour-clocks go forward-all it means is a darker early morning and a longer lit evening

25/03/2013 at 15:40

Well I'm going away for a few days over Easter so will just enjoy a change of scene. However not sure where we are going yet. I too wish that they would just leave the clocks alone at the end of the summer.

27/03/2013 at 20:48

I would like to be in the garden doing something, clocks changing does make me take a while to get used too - when that happens.

would like to be doing seed sowing

27/03/2013 at 21:33

Help. I'm not getting any responses on e-mail to threads I've contributed to

Today there were none even though I've contributed to this threadI've ticked the box at the bottom saying  - e-mail when a response is made? 

27/03/2013 at 21:40

Zoomer, I have the same problem, I also ticked the box to email if I get a response and I dont have a single one, yet have 125 posts :/

27/03/2013 at 21:41

Zoomer!!!!-

-it has been like that for a week nearly-there are comments everywhere-not seen them?-there is a fault with the site

Noticed the small text??

27/03/2013 at 21:43
Zoomer44 wrote (see)

Help. I'm not getting any responses on e-mail to threads I've contributed to

Today there were none even though I've contributed to this threadI've ticked the box at the bottom saying  - e-mail when a response is made? 

There's some sort of tech problem just now so we're all in same boat I'm afraid Must be the snow....

27/03/2013 at 22:03

It is a pain not getting the emails, but I suppose more time to sort out plans for the garden

27/03/2013 at 22:11
Few more weeks and we won't have any time to spend on these forums - we'll be too busy in the garden or allotment, watering like mad as the sun beats down mercilessly all day long!
27/03/2013 at 22:58
Pentillie,
You are so right....no respite until next October.
27/03/2013 at 23:09

Caz showed me a useful tip when you aren't getting emails. You go to "latest posts" and on the right it says "view followed threads" or something like that and you can see the threads you've been following.

28/03/2013 at 14:48

Lizzie that's what I've been doing as it's quite frustrating just now trying to locate the ones you're following.

28/03/2013 at 23:16

Thanks you guy's for the responses, know I'm not the only one having problems now with notifications.  

I tend not to go on line till early evening and seldom go on the long chatty threads as there's usually loads of messages to go through to catch up with the day's events, so wasn't aware other posters were having the same problems. Hopefully they'll be sorted soon.

30/03/2013 at 15:52

Think now might have to wait for weather to see what I might do as looking cloudy today so might be rain tomorrow.

I would like to be sowing seeds, but I have to do this outside as only have a small plastic greenhouse

Zoomer same here don't want to read lots of post on the chatty forum as takes up too much time to do

Lighter in the evening is nicer as it does get lite pretty early now any way in the morning

30/03/2013 at 17:04

Just done the upstairs clocks-why do I need to know the time so often??

As for Vedun's cryptic title

is will you use the extra hour next weekend

is it one of those phrases you have to get the words in the right order like Beat the Clock?

Anyway as I said earlier-you lose one hours sleep tonight and body clocks will be haywire.

Enjoy the lighter evenings all

30/03/2013 at 17:08
Hey..I'm really egg cited. Turned my clocks back already for an extra hour's sleep tonight
30/03/2013 at 17:14

See you on Tuesday or thereabouts then Verdun

30/03/2013 at 17:22
21 to 40 of 54 messages