London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
41 to 54 of 54 messages
30/03/2013 at 17:51
See. I'm no fool! Did that early so I wont forget
31/03/2013 at 22:22

Managed to sow some seeds today was a bit cold and a little windy but I got a few trays sown now in the plastic greenhouse and indoors on the window sill

Brumbull you were up early to got outside

did anybody manage to get anything done today?

31/03/2013 at 22:32
Yep...ate some choc eggs. Hate chocolate.
Had to eat more.
Planted another, and last for now, hellebore and planted some pale yellow daffs...minnowe.....around dark blue Pulmonaria. Didn't copy GW ....got that combination elsewhere too!
Then had to eat more eggs. Had to fit in meals too so it's been a difficult day
I hate chocolate. Then my niece called with handmade choc egg with chocs and lovely note inside......that was lovely
Still got chocs for tomorrow....I hate chocolate..so it's going to be another difficult day
31/03/2013 at 23:31

Gardengirl - I manged to get some stuff done.

It was always going to be either a lazy day if wet or out in the garden if dry. The fence and trellis are in dire need of attention before spring, springs into action and you can't see the wood for plants. Something of a tedious job painting, the fence is new and neighbour has already painted her side. My side means wood preserve drips onto neighbours newly painted side, so it couldn't just be slapped on. Fortunately we've both gone Oak but mines slightly darker than neighbours and there were some drips.

Running out of wood preserve stopped play but the fence is done, not so sure I want to give it a second coat though 

Verdun. Enjoy your choc.      

01/04/2013 at 09:08
But I hate chocolate zoomer......
01/04/2013 at 09:27

Me too, Verdun.  Just as well, since nobody ever gives me any. Think they take one look at my girth and decide to give me flowers...

I love a chat and spend far too long on some threads. The Fork Handles thread does defeat me. People look as though they are having a lot of fun there, though.

01/04/2013 at 09:41
Morning gardening grandma,
I look at fork handles and agree they do seem do be enjoying themselves.
Nice part of the forum though
01/04/2013 at 10:22

Morning everyone.  Well... I slept late this morning and when I saw grey overcast skies and freezing temps I felt like going back under the duvet.  Decided to go along to the nearest Garden Centre after breakfast and cheer myself up planning what I would like to be doing in the garden if ever this weather warms up. Cannot get used to this time change at all.

01/04/2013 at 10:59

managed to sleep an extra hour!!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/2013 at 11:59
Better get up. Its almost 10am. Can't get used to clocks going back
01/04/2013 at 20:56

Sorry, Verbun, was scim reading. How can anyone not like chocolate

01/04/2013 at 23:45

Verdun, how about one of these:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-21981063

Should at least keep you warm!

02/04/2013 at 00:20
Bob that's ....er, interesting.
I'm growing hot chilllis this year but not too sure how. Might post a thread and get some ideas.
Have you grown them? Any tips?
Zoomer, how can you just "scim read" my choc posts? They reveal my phobias and deepest fears about these enticing, delicious, mouth-watering delicacies
02/04/2013 at 00:23

email image
41 to 54 of 54 messages