London (change)
Today 12°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 7°C
1 to 20 of 54 messages
24/03/2013 at 18:21
Next Sunday means an extra hour of daylight. If weather permits will it mean a mad rush into the garden to catch up on all those jobs? If it coincides with a warm sunny day I will be preparing my veg plot for seed sowing.....there's optimism for you?
24/03/2013 at 18:29

I'll be able to do a bit in the garden after getting home from work, so welcome it in that respect.  Unfortunately, it takes me weeks before my disrupted sleep pattern adjusts, so I'd prefer them to simply stop messing about and leave us at BST (ie GMT +1) permanently!

24/03/2013 at 18:29

Same as you Verdun veg plot to get up and running got plenty to sow and plant.

24/03/2013 at 18:50

on current forecasts, digging the car out of the snow I expect!

24/03/2013 at 18:58

I will probably be exhausted, having had 22 people for lunch! It's Easter Sunday.

24/03/2013 at 19:09

If weather allows I will be in the garden but, yes Bookertoo you may be right!!

I am going stir crazy!! 

24/03/2013 at 19:14
Sorry folks....David Cameron has just announced there will be no summer time change this weekend....one of Clegg's ideas. Oh no! Another u turn...yep, summer time change as arranged.
24/03/2013 at 19:56
BobTheGardener wrote (see)

I'll be able to do a bit in the garden after getting home from work, so welcome it in that respect.  Unfortunately, it takes me weeks before my disrupted sleep pattern adjusts, so I'd prefer them to simply stop messing about and leave us at BST (ie GMT +1) permanently!

Bob, finally - someone else who suffers this problem. I just can't adjust, either, and have always wished they would stop messing with the time. i wake at the same time, summer and winter - it is just called something different.

The weather forecast is on as I write - there is an increasing risk of snow as the week progresses, so Easter could be pretty cold. Maybe we'll still be unable to use that hour productively in the garden.

24/03/2013 at 20:04
Got to say. I love the extra hour.
Bit harder to wake up on time though!
24/03/2013 at 20:08

I suspect we all have some catching up to do, compared to last Spring...can we have double summer-time please?

24/03/2013 at 20:27

I'm just happy as a happy thing that I'm not working! an extra hour when one is on a night shift makes for a miserable CPB.

However...I shall be in the garden IF the snow 'mulch' has gone and if the ground isn't too cold and wet....there is plenty to do in the GH if the garden isn't an option. Pricking out is one of my favourite things to do...with my trusty radio by my side and a glass of wine to hand. Perfect.

24/03/2013 at 20:30

I fear im going to be a bit under the weather come Sunday morning, It's one of our friends 40th birthday, and as is tradition she gets to pick the restaurant, well she has picked a Mongolian restaurant called Khublai Khans, which is fair enough, the only problem is it serves things like zebra and kangaroo, the thing is do i join in the experience or do i wimp out and go for the chicken? I'm not kidding they even have a bit on there website joking that they are going to sue tesco's for selling horse-meat as they have being doing it for years.. YIKES!!...

Davie-S

24/03/2013 at 20:46

LOL. Busy-Lizzie. Have a nice Easter, sounds like yours will be fun if not exhausting.

The extra hour means I'll get home every night in daylight and this time last year liked spending an hour or so in the garden just winding down and reading the paper, if the weather doesn't warm up I might find myself sat in the GH with a coat on reading the paper

25/03/2013 at 00:02
I'm looking forward to being able to get to the allotment after work, and I'm very sure it's going to be warm
25/03/2013 at 07:00

Just like a lot of other posters - really looking forward to being able to see my garden and GH after work, instead of only at the weekends.  Can't wait.

25/03/2013 at 08:12

After watching Countryfile's weather forecast last night think all I'll be doing will be building igloos.

Oh for a nice warm Spring day.

25/03/2013 at 12:26

Driving to see friends yesterday I noticed how the countryside still looks like January; sear, brown and dull, with small pockets of snow blown up against the hedgerows. There must be tens of thousands of us gardeners up and down the country just desperate to get going. But typical gardener style, we are mostly being optimistic that in just a few days, maybe a week the weather will improve. Brilliant

25/03/2013 at 12:40

Looking at the weather outside at the moment, I think I will be clearing snow.

25/03/2013 at 12:45

will be lucky to get out with the next big wind chill coming in from Russia.

25/03/2013 at 13:54

Traditionally Easter weekend is when everyone goes to G Centres to buy bedding plants then they have to go back a month later to buy more cos they've all died of cold. Don't expect this year will be any different except they'll probably be dead by the time they get them to the car  

1 to 20 of 54 messages