Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

It's official

WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Saw my first ladybird last week, my first bee yesterday and despite torrential rain this morning, the birds are chasing each other today 

today must be spring at last image

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,546

Doesn't feel like it here , I have to say! I know there are flowers out there somewhere, I have pictures to prove it, but they are currently still buried under lying snow. Be a while before I see any bees I thinkimage

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Lucky me living in the garden of England imageimage

• ButtercupdaysButtercupdays Posts: 4,546

May still be while before the bees show up, but despite appearances you must be right - it definitely must be spring. Just come back from feeding the sheep, and there in a clump of rushes was a little fawn lambimage and there under the manger was a little brown oneimageimage. Got them and their mums into the shed with a warm bed of straw and some hay (for the mums!) much better than the cold, wet, muddy field. My daughter will be excited - we raised the grandma of the fawn one ourselves, so this one makes her a great grandma!

• B3B3 Posts: 27,476

I bee today.  Huge bumble bee last week.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

Awww how lovely Buttercupdays image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

"Err right" Wintersong. I will look out of the window, if I open the door all my soft bits will get frostbite. All my Daf's are closed up against the winter we still appear to be getting, other parts of the country are talking about Tulip's? Still under ground here and who can blame them. Still I will be eating my own tomato's and strawberries when yours are long gone.

Frank

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I had a honeybee last week on the hellebores. I didnt think anyone around  here had beehives, so its either new or a wild nest somewhere close.

• KornoKorno Posts: 99

still very frosty mornings here in Scotland and the bog/grass hasn't changed yet :/

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Look!!!

I was hanging out the washing in the sunshine and looked across at the grapevine trellis where I saw a couple of ladybirds the other day, and look what I saw!!!

More native ladybirds than I saw in the whole of last summer in this garden image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.