Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

It's Show Time

It's getting near to the village show time of year again and if anyone would like to have a bash, I can assure you it's really good fun.

This is a slideshow of one near to me, where I sometimes judge.

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DavidKnapper/slideshow/Colton%20Show?sort=3

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Hope its not yet, i have only just barely got flowers on my beans.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    I quite fancy having a go at those stupidly large veg! Maybe next year image
  • Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Looks fab David. I'd love to have a go but don't know if I've got the nerve to do it image

OL, You could cook something if your garden isnt ready, you are a very good cook from what ive read! image
  • Believe it or not, one of my biggest successes is with my Victoria Sponge......and those WI sorts really don't like it up em. image

Seriously, the standard is nothing like Chelsea or Hampton Court....just enter a few roses or sweet peas....you'll need a show schedule though.

• LesleyKLesleyK Posts: 4,029

What about your potatoes OL.  They looked great.  We don't seem to have shows like that around here unfortunately.

What will you be showing David? There is no way of writing that without it sounding like an inuendo! ;p

Hmm Lesley, potatoes all in my tummy image

David, I used to raise money for a charity with my Vic sponge, I used to make them and people would donate,mi raised about £500 altogether and have been told they are very good (not my words someone else's).

I can also make jam and chutney....hmmm......maybe ??

Bekkie........"what produce will you be showing at the village fair?" No innuendos there image

•  

bekkie hughes wrote (see)
    What will you be showing David? There is no way of writing that without it sounding like an inuendo! ;p

Last year I came first with my tomatoes in the redcurrant class. image