London (change)
Today 8°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 11°C
21 to 24 of 24 messages
19/08/2014 at 22:34

I don't think so, they look really healthy. The cuttings I've taken I've used a freezer bag for a couple of days and then removed it. So far non of them have wilted.

I've been moving them around a bit and have now put them out of direct sunlight, all look ok.......apart from a fuschia, it looks a bit crispy. I've read on here that misting might be helpful

19/08/2014 at 22:40

They don't want to get too hot do they. If summer comes back and the temperature gets too high in there I'll move the whole assembly to a shady place outside

20/08/2014 at 08:32

Cross your fingers and toes now nut 

I've  tended to have cuttings through the summer so I always have them outside in a sheltered but reasonably shady spot so that's pretty much the same thing as you're doing  isn't it? I've not had many losses over the years  (apart from the dianthus!) but I suppose it depends on the type of plant too. 

20/08/2014 at 08:41

All crossed Fairy

Some in there are fairly easy but some I've failed with before; the variegated Rhamnus which I've tried at all times of year and never succeeded with and Bupleurum fruticosum that used to seed about but now I want to start another one I don't get seedlings. 

email image
21 to 24 of 24 messages