Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Jacobs Ladder & Japanese Camellia

I gained two new plants yesterday off a close friend image

Jacobs Ladder.

Japanese Camellia.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

gotta love a freeby.

Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Cultivate that friend image

image....................................................... I'll get my coat

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

The Camilla leaves look rather like Portuguese laurel, but maybe as they are so young. I find Camilla cuttings very slow to grow for the first few years, keeping it in a pot will help give it boost by allowing you to put them in a greenhouse over winter to speed up rooting and growth.

• Thanks all yes Verdun free image I met my new friend Margaret last year I had put an advert on my local Freecycle requesting any unwanted plant pots Margaret was first to answer and only lived a street away I went round and was greeted by a sweet old lady in her 70s she was greeted by me 38 bald head covered in tattoos she made feel at home straight away and took me into her garden it was mind blowing an aladins cave of so many plants since then I visit help with the hard work she cannot do and she gives me plants image

The Japanese Camellia I will be keeping in my living room in a pot and yhe Jacobs Ladder is going into one of my flower beds tomorrow.

Thanks all for comments and advice.
  • Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Green Fingered Mikey - that is a great story on how we come together with a common hobby.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

Ain't gardening great image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.