London (change)
Today 18°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
181 to 195 of 195 messages
02/06/2014 at 07:19

You make it sound like hugs are a bad thing!

02/06/2014 at 07:25

Hope today is dawning brighter Mike ((hugs))  

Maybe you can spend a little while sitting - I said SITTING! - in your garden soaking up some sunshine and fresh air - don't look at the things that need doing - just look at how well your Creator has been managing without your input for a while - I'll bet there are some beauties flowering away for you 

02/06/2014 at 07:45

Dove?  Behave! 

Mike, we are interested in you so no need to feel uncomfortable.  Hope the forum is good support for you.

02/06/2014 at 08:47

Sending hugs Mike, try not to be down, although it must be hard.  We are all here for you xx

02/06/2014 at 09:48

Mike I hope things return to normal for you today xx

02/06/2014 at 09:53

Mike, get the pee tested for infection. It's a likely thing to happen when you've had a catheter in and easily treated. 

Best wishes from me

02/06/2014 at 17:45

Mike, Nut is right.  You don't want to risk going into retention.  You need to get some advice long before the 9th if you are struggling to pass water.  This possibility occurred to me this afternoon.  But hopefully it has sorted itself out by now.  xx

03/06/2014 at 07:25

((hugs)) for you Mike - purely therapeutic of course  

Sounds as if you've got a good GP there Mike - that hemochomatosis will get sorted out and you'll feel so much better - apparently it's not uncommon.

I think we all find ourselves getting to know our GPs a bit better as we get older  

03/06/2014 at 08:45

I sometimes wonder if our GPs know me too well already Dove!!  Although a lot of it is with the foster children.  Mike I am glad you have seen the GP today, and presumably, since you said nothing about it, you are going to the bathroom more effectively - phew!  Does whiskey have a high iron content?  Not that I'm aware of, but I don't know much about it.  xxx

03/06/2014 at 12:07

Oh dear Mike we'll have to get you stood near a magnet or some such! Have some big *hugs* from me.

Are you still drinking plenty of water? Especially with it being so warm of late (although currently very muggy). Sometimes it's so easy to forget to drink as much as your bladder really needs a constant flow to keep things squeaky clean and bug free.

Has anyone suggested you drink cranberry juice to help keep any bladder infections at bay while things recover? I know that it's often suggested for ladies and certainly I can't see it doing any harm.

I'm not sure how cranberry juice works with whiskey. Perhaps its more a gin and tonic summer cocktail ingredient?

03/06/2014 at 12:23

Yes, cranberry juice is a good idea - Pa has a catheter and used to get lots of infections - now he has cranberry juice every day and hasn't had a UTI for ages. 

03/06/2014 at 12:33

Very good for cystitis.   And yes, keep drinking.  Water too.

03/06/2014 at 15:02

I'm not a medical expert by any means, but it does depended on the type of UTI as to whether cranberry juice is any good and it should be as pure as possible, a UTI is also different to Cystitis.  I had a horrible UTI last month and my doc told me not to have cranberry  juice, just lots of water as it could irritate it more, that was after quite a few people had told me to drink cranberry juice .......very confusing 

Anyway Mike, I hope you are soon feeling better again and hopefully has some sun down there so you can SIT in it and get some vitamin D, it always helps you feel better  ((Hugs)) xx

03/06/2014 at 18:33

Mike. I haven't been on this site as long as most others have, but have found it to be very friendly and informative. I have only just read this post from start to finish and have gone through every emotion there is when I think of what you have gone through.

I am glad you are over the worst and on the road to recovery. Take one step at a time and you WILL get there. Especially if you take the advice of all your friends.

All the best xx

03/06/2014 at 20:06

best wishes Mike!  xxx love your advice !

email image
181 to 195 of 195 messages