London (change)
Today 13°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
181 to 200 of 222 messages
29/05/2014 at 07:19

29/05/2014 at 07:22

Mike  

Just call it - the kindness of strangers. I've been on the receiving end of that in tough times too. It's a wonderful thing and restores your faith in the human race.

29/05/2014 at 07:57

Glad you liked the flowers Mike, they sound amazing and look forward to seeing the photos.

We aren't strangers, we just haven't met you in person but I'm sure I can speak for others in saying that we feel that know you, as we feel that we know other friends on here ((hugs)) xx

29/05/2014 at 08:43

I hope you didn't mind about the lack of lie in, have one tomorrow instead. Glad you like the flowers, look forward to the photo. Bee organised it.

29/05/2014 at 09:16
Orchid Lady wrote (see)

We aren't strangers, we just haven't met you in person but I'm sure I can speak for others in saying that we feel that know you, as we feel that we know other friends on here ((hugs)) xx

Oh I don't know OL. Some of us are very strange!

Now I'm a little more awake Mike - if we could have pushed a thousand roses through your door we would have done. But we're not sure you'd have enjoyed finding petals for the next five years every time you moved something! You're not just "some bod on the internet" you're an amazing person to have had the chance to meet - if only virtually - and I for one am very grateful for that.

29/05/2014 at 09:32

Oh wonderful - so glad you are enjoying them.  Indeed, we are all friends who just haven't met yet - that sums it up.  Hope you do get to have a lie in today.  Like the others, I am looking forward to the pictures!! xxx

29/05/2014 at 09:56

The kindness of strangers in the hardest of times. I wish you all the very best Mike, you are an inspiration.

xx

29/05/2014 at 19:30

OK this is the first time I've been on the web today and obviously missed your post of last night Mike. So glad you got the flowers,after all you 'did' send Mrs Fish a box of choccies so there!!   

However,the driving force was Bee and she got the rest of us to share some of the milk of human kindness.Enjoy the flowers mate 

Love and hugs from the fishes xx

29/05/2014 at 21:43

Well. I just couldn’t take anymore of it. The concern over my garden and greenhouse was causing such mental pain. Adding that to the physical pain. I began wondering how much longer, before I began banging my head on the wall. I don’t believe it! Stepping into the garden. It was so strange. Even perhaps more so. I felt somewhat strange, a bit wobbly and uncertain. Many roses needing to be dead headed. Snails appear to have set up camp in the garden. Oh’ no. A really strong Penstemon, has been the victim of some animal squirmish. Everything is so overgrown. Having now surveyed the garden now the greenhouse.

Have I now joined ones such as. Frank Kingdom-Ward. The inside of the house resembled a lush dense forest. Liliums some in flower, had reached the eaves, and had compltely closed off further entry. I could see the seed trays, with hundreds of young plants, all shout to be pricked out and potted up. Sorry my little friends, but Mike is becoming a wee bit hazy. I turned the hose on to a medium to fine mist. A gentle spray all over. At least that will help keep the atmosphere moist. Water off. Lock up, and back in doors. In all honesty. I felt that I was doing so well with my recovery. Michael, me boy. Listen to the wise advice of your daughter and friends. Take it steady.

29/05/2014 at 21:50
MICHAEL!!!!!! You must take it easy is there no-one that can tend to your GH for you? If I lived closer I would come and help, even with my inexperience I'm sure I could do something, unfortunately I live too far away I'm sure you are anxious about your plants but your health is more important.......take that as stroppy telling off from Tracey!!
29/05/2014 at 22:08

Yes, but good to have watered the young plants, you'd feel worse if they died. Roses can manage without being dead headed.

29/05/2014 at 22:46

YES! O/L    I am sure that you and my daughter Amanda would get on well together.

To be honest.  I never once thought that it would take this long to get over something.

So Matron.  Can I have some more of those little pink pills???????

29/05/2014 at 22:52
Well if two of us are saying it we must be right Re the pink pills, if you haven't had your allowance for the day then yes

You can do virtual gardening for me Mike to keep you busy, see my perennial thread....need ideas, but keep it simple, remember it's me you're talking to
29/05/2014 at 22:59

MIKE!! You just behave yourself!!! Just pace and rest regularly, the fresh air will do you good x

29/05/2014 at 23:23
Do you have a chair outside, could you maybe sit down and aim the hose spray? Just a thought? X
29/05/2014 at 23:35

MIKE!, I thought I told you to take it easy and SIT in the garden too! Tsk tsk...naughty step for you....

Glad you're feeling better, look forward to seeing pics of flowers.

Very best wishes and hugs Lily xx

29/05/2014 at 23:42
Mike,take it steady.Don't go out on your own till you are stronger.Haven't posted much but have been following your story.Love reading your knowledgable and informative posts.It must be really frustrating not to be able to get out into your garden but,hopefully.it won't be too much longer before you can do some things.Glad you liked your flowers.Everytime you look at them,someone on this forum will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.x
29/05/2014 at 23:44

Ah Matron.  You haven't told me what the pink pills are for.  I wonder just what the tiny green ones do???????

Just a joke Tracey.  Yes by all means, I will take a look at your request.   I am sure that other members are equally well versed in horticulture and can offer many fine suggestions.

Mike will do his best.

Bal
30/05/2014 at 00:12

So good to know you are up and about, just don't over do it.

30/05/2014 at 09:59

Gardening should give you pleasure and not stress.  Like OL, I wish I lived closer and could pop in to do a bit of cosmetic improvement on your garden for you.  So if going outside stresses you out, you shouldn't do it - you can take it all in hand next year when you will be back to normal.  If you get some pleasure from pottering about though, then by all means go outside.  But make it easier on yourself.  Just do what you want to do and your body can cope with.  The moment it becomes a strain, STOP!!  Bossy Bee x

181 to 200 of 222 messages