London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
201 to 220 of 222 messages
30/05/2014 at 11:25

I know how you feel, Mike.....had a spot of bother myself last year and it pained me to see nature trying to reclaim my lovely garden. The experience however did cause me to think of such things as 'should I be growing fruit 'n veg on this scale'?

I think next year there will be some downsizing.

01/06/2014 at 23:20

Well friends. Mike had a really bad night last night.  I spent more time in and out of bed, and keeping the bathroom company.  Then today.  Honestly.  I felt UGGH!.  I am at the hosp on the 9th.  Anniversary of losing my mate.  So actually I had decided not to post anything.  Apart from being very down.  I also thought.   Mike.  You are hugging center stage.  So friends. Should I go queit, please don't worry.  As I have said.  I have stamped on my rear end.  Made by Dunlop. I will bounce back.

01/06/2014 at 23:29

So sorry to hear that you are down tonight Mike. These things happen and they are awful at the time. Sad thoughts that go round and round. But things move on and the sun comes up and after a few days it's hard to remember how bad it all seemed. 

Not much anyone else can do except say tha they are thinking of you and wishing you  a full recovery.

01/06/2014 at 23:42

So sorry I didn't see this post before I just sent you a pm Mike.I'm really sorry you're feeling down but please don't stop posting.And no you're not hugging centre stage at all,to suggest you are would be to assume you asked for your current problems.Like pansyface has said,a few days from now things will look differently I'm sure.Take good care my friend and hang in there.

01/06/2014 at 23:54

What a shame.  I thought you were doing a bit better than UGGH!  You are a strong person and have the support of your daughters and family and all your friends here. Keep thinking about your book.   Have you started chapter one yet? I know lots of people who would buy it!

Do what you're told and rest and recover.  We can wait to hear your words of wisdom - but not for too long xx

02/06/2014 at 07:19

You make it sound like hugs are a bad thing!

02/06/2014 at 07:25

Hope today is dawning brighter Mike ((hugs))  

Maybe you can spend a little while sitting - I said SITTING! - in your garden soaking up some sunshine and fresh air - don't look at the things that need doing - just look at how well your Creator has been managing without your input for a while - I'll bet there are some beauties flowering away for you 

02/06/2014 at 07:45

Dove?  Behave! 

Mike, we are interested in you so no need to feel uncomfortable.  Hope the forum is good support for you.

02/06/2014 at 08:47

Sending hugs Mike, try not to be down, although it must be hard.  We are all here for you xx

02/06/2014 at 09:48

Mike I hope things return to normal for you today xx

02/06/2014 at 09:53

Mike, get the pee tested for infection. It's a likely thing to happen when you've had a catheter in and easily treated. 

Best wishes from me

02/06/2014 at 17:45

Mike, Nut is right.  You don't want to risk going into retention.  You need to get some advice long before the 9th if you are struggling to pass water.  This possibility occurred to me this afternoon.  But hopefully it has sorted itself out by now.  xx

02/06/2014 at 22:26

Clarington.  More hugs please.  Mike will never tire of such affection.  Matron.  Yellow pills pledase. The old ticker is starting to race.

I do hope all of this is viewd in good faith and banter.

Hey!.  I wanted a few days off.  Now I find myself answering questions.  Never mind, keeps me occupied.

It seems that I might be headed for more medical probs.  From what my GP has said.  I might well be a victim of Hemochromootis.  Too much iron in the blood.  You wait till I seehim next week or so.  He recently said to me.  Michael.  You have stayed away for so long.  Now you are always here. Come in my friend.  He's a strange guy.  He reminds me of someone who has stood up to quick under a cupboard.  He doesn't seem to have a neck.  However.  When we meet up.  It really becomes a comedy act.  So when next we meet.  I think it might be best for rest of his patients to go home.  I am sure our laughter will be heard miles away. Please Doc.  Don't tell me to give up my green veg, and my sirlion steaks and all those good eaties, plus my last pleasure of the day.  My tipple.  Please Doc.  I am fragile.  Handle with care.!!!!

03/06/2014 at 07:25

((hugs)) for you Mike - purely therapeutic of course  

Sounds as if you've got a good GP there Mike - that hemochomatosis will get sorted out and you'll feel so much better - apparently it's not uncommon.

I think we all find ourselves getting to know our GPs a bit better as we get older  

03/06/2014 at 08:45

I sometimes wonder if our GPs know me too well already Dove!!  Although a lot of it is with the foster children.  Mike I am glad you have seen the GP today, and presumably, since you said nothing about it, you are going to the bathroom more effectively - phew!  Does whiskey have a high iron content?  Not that I'm aware of, but I don't know much about it.  xxx

03/06/2014 at 12:07

Oh dear Mike we'll have to get you stood near a magnet or some such! Have some big *hugs* from me.

Are you still drinking plenty of water? Especially with it being so warm of late (although currently very muggy). Sometimes it's so easy to forget to drink as much as your bladder really needs a constant flow to keep things squeaky clean and bug free.

Has anyone suggested you drink cranberry juice to help keep any bladder infections at bay while things recover? I know that it's often suggested for ladies and certainly I can't see it doing any harm.

I'm not sure how cranberry juice works with whiskey. Perhaps its more a gin and tonic summer cocktail ingredient?

03/06/2014 at 12:23

Yes, cranberry juice is a good idea - Pa has a catheter and used to get lots of infections - now he has cranberry juice every day and hasn't had a UTI for ages. 

03/06/2014 at 12:33

Very good for cystitis.   And yes, keep drinking.  Water too.

03/06/2014 at 15:02

I'm not a medical expert by any means, but it does depended on the type of UTI as to whether cranberry juice is any good and it should be as pure as possible, a UTI is also different to Cystitis.  I had a horrible UTI last month and my doc told me not to have cranberry  juice, just lots of water as it could irritate it more, that was after quite a few people had told me to drink cranberry juice .......very confusing 

Anyway Mike, I hope you are soon feeling better again and hopefully has some sun down there so you can SIT in it and get some vitamin D, it always helps you feel better  ((Hugs)) xx

03/06/2014 at 16:20

Hi Folks.  Just because I like whisky.  I don't crave it or bathe in it.  Actually from a medical point.  Whisky is good for keeping the arteries open.  I never drnk booze etc during the day.  About 9.0 pm I will pour a wee drahm.  Mind you I never could count  Cranberry juice is very good.  I drink gallons of it.  Cantharis, a homeopathic remedy, is top class for UTI's.

201 to 220 of 222 messages