London (change)
Today 9°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 9°C
81 to 100 of 222 messages
17/05/2014 at 22:57

You seem amazingly cheerful about it all! Because it couldn't have been pleasant with all the shock of it all and the unpleasant tests and then the op. But great that everyone was so nice. Are you by any chance a Jehovah's Witness, or something, that talk about transfusions?

17/05/2014 at 23:29

Busy- Lizzie.  So you have sussed me out. Yes.  Have been for the past 64 yrs.  Might I say. I respect each individuals beliefs etc.  In todays world, as I am sure Scott will agree.  Mankind in general has so alianated itself from the grand creator.  Mike honestly and truthfully respects each and everyone.  At the close of the day, each to there own, and you reap what you sow.  However, this is a gardening forum, so unless aspecific point is raised in relation to ones individual faith or following, can we leave it there.  Naturally to share thoughts etc on a religiouse note Then fire away, but please remember this is a gardening forum.

18/05/2014 at 05:55

So glad to hear that the experience wasn't too bad and that you had such wonderful staff.    Welcome home and welcome back to the forum - but take it easy 

18/05/2014 at 06:01

Hi Mike, Pleased to see you back safe and sound from your op and I hope the road to recovery is short.

My Step-Dad has a lot of problems associated with his irrigation and has been going for tests for some time now. I can appreciate greatly what you've been going through.

On the subject of religion you're quite, it's not appropriate. I have always been of the thought that it's the person that matters not what football team they support!

18/05/2014 at 06:07

Sorry should have read "quite right"

18/05/2014 at 08:25

Just wondered, don't want to start a religious debate! I'm C of E. Anyway, glad that you are better enough to come back here, Mike.

Glorious day today, lots of roses out in my garden.

18/05/2014 at 08:41

Glad to see you are back safe and sound Mike

18/05/2014 at 08:44

Hiya Mike.  I thought you were a Jehovahs Witness when I started to read your post.

My own mother is a JW and I myself attended meetings over many years.....not now.  Took hee to the recent Memorial.  Witnesses call on me .....many are good friends but I have a bitterness about our creator that makes my feelIng for him difficult.  Two edged sword because my own mother and my deceased sister (dying at 32) had great faith that helped them a lot.

So, Mike, knowing the Winesses as I do I'm sure you are having good support there.

All the best Mike

18/05/2014 at 09:11

So glad to see you Mike

18/05/2014 at 10:15

Good to see you back here 

18/05/2014 at 11:24

Hi, Mike, good to see you back and hope the recovery is going well.

18/05/2014 at 12:54
Yes good to see you posting Mike. You've certainly been through the grinder haven't you mate,be sure to take it easy and give yourself time to heal.

The religion is not an issue for me,its the person first and foremost

Take care my friend....

Much love from the Fishes
18/05/2014 at 18:57

Good to 'see' you Mike, take care and enjoy the rest. Best wishes Lily x

18/05/2014 at 22:57

In general.  Approaching op day, to be honest.  I was seriously thinking about leaving well alone.  I will be 75 this year.  Despite I am blessed with two lovely daughters and three grandchildren.  In all honesty. Mike is very lonely, I miss my Valerie so much.  Fifty years togerther is quite a time.  So if you can understand, deep down, I thought this my be my exit ticket, selfish, yes, but I have my thoughts and feelings.  Thankfully I had by this time met up with so many friends who like me, loved gardening.  That's you lot. [much love].  It is so easy at tgime to type out various wishes etc.  In this case  I feel that we have very much become a great family. I find it very much in keeping with gardeners in general.  Have you noticed, unlike other trades etc.  We gardeners never criticise anothers efforts.  At the momement I am in quite a lot of pain.  To be honest, prior to the op, the only pain I experienced was that of the many examinations, things being poked here and there.   As Cpl. Jones.  Dads Army , says. They don't like it up em.  No Jones. Neither do I.  I have to attend my local hospital this week, hopefully to have this catheter taken out.  Believe me, it is one thing to be able to wee whilst walking around, but believe me.  It is so painful.  Even more so, as at times tiny blood clots are passed plus some debris.  Anyway time is passing quickly.  In all honesty and truthfullness.  Thank you all so much for your support, lone, kisses [I like them] and hugs. Folks you really are such a wonder bunch.  God Bless you all.

18/05/2014 at 23:24

Can the district nurses not give you anything for the pain, Mike? In this day and age there shouldn't be any need for you to feel like that, surely?

18/05/2014 at 23:47
Hey Mike dear friend,this is such a tough time for you.Mrs Fish has been quite teary this last week if I'm honest.I think operations do that to people,but me saying that is very easy and is certainly not meant to trivialise what you are going through.I think everyone on these boards will completely understand you wanting out,missing your wife and feeling like you've gone as far as you can.I cannot imagine living without Mrs Fish and we have been together just 19 years.That said,all of us here count you as family and I for one have never felt such an affinity for a forum before.This board needs you buddy,your warm heart and your wise head...not to mention that wealth of gardening knowledge.So no pressure then eh.

Much love from Mrs Fish and myself
18/05/2014 at 23:56

Andy and friends. Thank you.  As I have said before.  On my bottomit doesn't say made inTiawan.  No it says. Made by Dunlop.  Dunlop always bounces back.  LOL

19/05/2014 at 09:03

You're a brave man, Mike, but I hope the Doc can give you something better for pain.

I know what it's like to lose someone, but I was only 47 when he died. Over 15 years ago. Have re-built my life since, but wanted to die at the time, although I have 4 lovely children. Met 2nd OH 6 years ago. When I look back I think it is probably easier being widowed earlier (never easy) but will probably have to go through it again, he's older than me.

19/05/2014 at 09:44

Oh Lizzie you made me cry, how sad, but  you'll have lots of happy years yet hugs.

Mike sorry to hear you are in pain, hope the docs can help with that. Take care, very best wishes and extra big hugs love Lily xx 

19/05/2014 at 09:50
http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/46168.jpeg?width=350

Hugs xx

81 to 100 of 222 messages