161 to 180 of 222 messages
28/05/2014 at 00:21

Well, following on from Friday, when I got rid of the external plumbing.  I had to hang around for a while, with the hope that I could answer the call of nature.  Anyway I couldn't.  So the nurse/sister allowed me home.  In an attempt to show my appreciation, I simply held her shoulder and wowee! A real kiss, and take care Mike.  Today I returned well before the appointed time.  I was to take a pee, and then have a scan to see if the bladder was emptying.  Jelly stuff applied and a quick scan. So asks I.  Is it twins?  Sorry Mike........It's triplets!   Wowee says I.  Werte this true.  Mike would be a very rich man. The scan indicated that the bladder was emptying at about 80 per cent.  That's alright Mike she says.  Then a brief chin wag and upon parting.  Mike gets another smacker on the lips.  Oh well.  Another box of Thorntons on the way.  I like this clinic.  In a couple of weeks I have to see the surgeon.  Then I will be told exactly what was done, what it was, and what next.  Let's hope the dream lasts a bit longer.

Edd
28/05/2014 at 00:39
 " Then I will be told exactly what was done, what it was, and what next.  Let's hope the dream lasts a bit longer."
The surgeon will probably give you a quick peck on the lips and say, would you like the same as last time !!! Just after he injects you and you pass out !!! LOL. The mind boggles???
You know i am only having fun, Mike
King regards.
28/05/2014 at 00:57

Hello Mike - great to see you back in action.  I've been away for a bit so I haven't been able to keep up with your progress but I'm so glad you're recovering.

Keep your pecker up!

28/05/2014 at 07:33

All sounds great Mike 

28/05/2014 at 07:35

Great stuff Mike 

Glad to see you're on the mend - and back to your usual jokey self 

28/05/2014 at 12:16

Sounds like your appointments are turning into dates Mike!

28/05/2014 at 12:23

Good luck with it all, I'm very glad to hear you are well enough to appreciate kisses

28/05/2014 at 19:35

Pleased all went well. Here's hoping everything is on the up. All the best. X

28/05/2014 at 20:54

Oh Mike, I'm seeing you in a totally different light now  Now we know what you're really up to with these nurse 

Anyway, glad to see that things are going in the right direction and fingers crossed you continue to recover well.  

28/05/2014 at 22:24

Glad to hear you are feeling much better Mike, take care, best wishes and hugs Lily x

28/05/2014 at 22:30

Oh dear!

The secret is out.  Pleas Miss, don't tell their O/H.  Just my luck.  They are all married.  Anyway.   It is not me, honest Miss/Sir.  I speak a lot with my eyes, so I am told.  Mind you.  In all honesty.  I do so admire the dedication of these individuals.  Who knows.  Perhaps this is another advancement in medicall technology,be friendly and raise the patient's whatever.  No response to that.

No in all honesty.  Despite much adverse comments are continually thrown at our medical staff etc.  This more modern approach seems to be working.  Thank heavens that old draconian attitude has gone.  As I have said before.  Whist as an in-patient.  It really did take away many barriers and fears, simply using first names.  As for the kisses.  Well what can I say.  'Bring em on'.

28/05/2014 at 22:36

Glad to see you in good spirits Mike, all the best

28/05/2014 at 22:56

NOW THEN.

Mike now dons his wig and gown.

This morning. I had decided to have a lie in.  After all.  Of late, I have either risen early in preparation for a hospital appointments or simply to wash, dress and have a few cups of tea, sit in the armchair and revisit dreamland.

Today however.  Comfortably tucked up in bed, with the heavens spilling over.  Ding Dong on the front door.  Oh, go away.  Pop it through the letter box.  Ding Dong.   Oh 'B' hell.  Struggling to don my dressing gown, I calls out.  Hang on.  To save time.  I clambered down stairs, leaving the stair lift at the top.  Opening the door.  Ah!  Good morning Mike.  Mike Allen, yes?  Yes, that's me.  Mike.  I have some flowers from your friends on Gardeners World Forum.  Someone mentioned, you were a Rose lover.  So we put extra roses in the arrangement.  I was then handed such a gigantic flower arrangement.  We had a brief chat, and I began to feel that this chap would have liked to have taken a peek at my garden.  Back upstairs.  I read the greetings card.  Perhaps you can picture me, standing there holding this gigantic floral arrangement.  All of a sudden Mike developed something of a two ended water works ordeal.  When Amanda and grandaughter Chloee came over, they were amazed.  Not only by the floral greeting, but.  Thinking how wonderful it was that complete strangers were exhibiting such a grand gesture of love and affection to Dad and Grandpa.  They both took some photos, which I will post in due course.  Wowee! this arrangement measured some four feet in height and two feet across.

Now then.  You naughty people.  What can I say?  I kept myself out of the piccies, just in case the 'red eye' was spotted.

Why oh why folks.  This must have cost a bomb.  Why?  Really.  You shouldn't have done this.

What can I say?  A mere thank you.  No that's not enough.  To be honest.  Mike is for once lost for words.

Thank you all so very much.

I love you all so much.

Thank you.

xxxxx

28/05/2014 at 23:01

Mike 

28/05/2014 at 23:33

28/05/2014 at 23:40

Only just seen this thread, brought a tear to my eye. I wish you all the best Mike. Xxx

29/05/2014 at 05:59

((hugs))

29/05/2014 at 06:28

You deserve it Mike! Haven't commented, but have been following your ordeal and am so glad you are feeling so much better. Take care and keep posting.

29/05/2014 at 07:11

Yeys!  Glad to see some smiling after your ordeal!  I guess when everyone gets together to send a hug, it gets very big! That'll keep you busy with water and trimming stems and removing flowers gone over 

29/05/2014 at 07:18

Hope you get a good lie-in today Mike.  I have not been on the forum very long but I know you have - I've been reading your words of wisdom.  A stranger is someone you have never met but you have met so many friends on here.  All the best.

161 to 180 of 222 messages