Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Just saying hi and introducing myself :-)

Hello all

I joined a short whilst ago but didn't get a chance to pop on here and use the forums and say hi to everyone.image

Ive got an allotment, I love it and find it a lovely way of de-stressing after a hard days slog in the office, since having it my stress levels have reduced dramatically. image

I grow everything from fruit and veg to flowers and herbs.  Some days after work I don't go up to do any work on the plot, instead I just like to pop up, make a cup of tea and just relax in on the plot listening to the birds and perhaps say hello to a couple of fellow plot holders. image

We have all sorts of wildlife on our lottie site, deer, badgers, foxes, rabbits, moles, mice as well as a variety of birds including some buzzards over the back and, not forgetting the pheasents - a pair seem to have taken a liking to our plot and I keep finding them on it of an evening - Im just hoping they arn't looking for somewhere to nest.image

I love getting my hands dirty - the feel of the soil, the smell of fresh air and the tranquil sounds of the breeze through the trees and the evening birdsong is just heavenly.

Anyway, I hope I'm able to advise and am made to feel welcome on your forums. image

For now though, my lunchbreak is nearly over and I must make a cuppa before I start work again.

TTFN

VP

p.s I wasn't sure which forum area to pop into and say hi. x

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Hi veggiepatch, welcome. Have a poke round all the threads and see what suits you

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Val40Val40 Posts: 1,377

Afternoon veggiepatch and welcome.  Lots of knowledgeable people on here (not me) and those needing help.

• Andy19Andy19 Posts: 671

Hi veggiepatch welcome i just started gardening last Sept and find this forum great for help and advice members very friendly am sure you will enjoy it. Like you i find the garden a chill out place to be and love seeing things grow and mature to make the gardens look good.

• hi veggie patch and welcome to the nut house. I too have an allotment. I call it my little piece of heaven. Its in the middle of lots of houses and backs onto the railway line. I always feel better when ive been down there, the chap on the next plot has a gas stove and the kettle is always on. On this forum is a lot of chat and information. Lifes too short to be serious all the time.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Hi veggie-hope you enjoy the posts and posting! There are plenty of very helpful, nice people on here and as Maud says- we all like a laugh too.

Agree with you totally about the de stressing and listening to the birds and wildlife. 

Is there anything better really?image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Hi VeggiePatch.  Welcome to the nut house!  Lots of people on here to advice and sympathise (when things don't go quite to plan), I've had lots of useful advice here.  Lots of leg pulling too!

Gardening should be available on prescription!

• Hi Veggiepatch. I can only repeat what others have said. The forum is great for exchanging info and also a nice place to chat about anything

• sterelitzasterelitza Posts: 109
    Hi Veggiepatch, you have chosen a great way to de-stress. Gardening is therapeutic and can also keep you fit, never mind the odd ache after digging etc. Most of the people I know who have taken up gardening have retired but many like yourself still working and particularly in an office find they need to get out and get some fresh air. Oh, I should mention the benefits of growing your own food and flowers etc.. and war against pests. You get them in the garden as well as in the office!!! Good luck and enjoy the forums.