Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Kelways

WillsWills Posts: 262

Hi Dove just letting you know that my plants turned up from Kelways & i have to say that there not bad qaulity so i cant shout at youimage that happy with them ive ordered another 2 i have clematis when are the best months to plant them image

• maureen60maureen60 Posts: 193

now?

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

If they're young plants, Wills (in a smallish pot, around 12"/15" high ) - pot them on until they're bigger before planting out in autumn or spring, depending on how much growth they've made and your own conditions. If they're bigger, more mature plants you can put them in their final places anytime  now  image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • WillsWills Posts: 262

Hi Girls there in 2 litre pots and in bloom , to tell the truth i have jumped the gun as a few  clematis were sold out ive bought them this now but wont be able to plant them out till august as i have sweet peas  growing where i want to put them image

They'll be fine for a month or two in the pots Wills. Just don't let them get dried out in the meantime. A spot out of the full blast of the sun might be a good idea  image

Hi Fairy girl wasint  sure if the pots would be big enough to keep the plants in for any length of time its good to know that they will be okay  image i will keep them well watered ,and if the sun comes out again i will leave them out in it .image

They'r e on the small side, but if they're not neglected or in full sun all the time they should be ok. If you have some bigger pots available you could put them into those - it would certainly make watering easier as they won't dry out so quickly. It depends on what time you have to give them the attention they'll need  image

I get to spend a bit of time in the evening in the garden,i have some bigger pots & think i will re pot them as they will be in them for a couple of months  image