London (change)
Today 13°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
21 to 32 of 32 messages
11/08/2013 at 22:53

I'm enjoying this years series... Nigel has become a fixture...LOL, about the compost area. ..I agree it is about the size of most peoples gardens  but composting is important in the grand scheme of gardening .

I can't wait to see how Monty's tom trial is getting on in the GH. My tom plants are buckling under the weight of fruit on them.    

12/08/2013 at 00:04
goochie wrote (see)

Beechgrove Gardens is much more informative and in a more realistic size.   Monty is very good but doesnt realise his three compost bins are the size of a lot of gardens.  I really enjoy the down to earth approach of the Scottish Gardeners and the disasters as well as success.     I also agree that we dont have enough gardening time on our tellys well done Tim Burr your comments are right on the mark.

I like Beechgrove aswell, In many way's more realistic weather to me, being in the NW. On this week's episode when they did the bee's, that guy they was talking with. I had no idea what he was saying, but it looked intresting.

12/08/2013 at 06:46

I enjoy both GW and Beechgrove.

Beechgrove are very good at very quickly showing how to do something then moving on.

It will be very interesting to see the new allotment show.

I remember there was once a daily garden show. People had a garden makeover but had to answer questions to get things for the garden- I can't remember what it was called though

12/08/2013 at 08:49

Enjoying both gw and Beachgrove......and love your garden....right now.  Montys garden is bit beyond most of us though for us to identify with his advice properly.  Geoff Hamilton had his "rooms" that probably were average size gardens.  Still a need for a garden prog simply about plants....the old and the new .....

12/08/2013 at 09:04

As Monty clearly pointed  out when doing his compost- the principle's the same no matter what size the garden is ....

Zombie you can always use subtitles when watching Beechgrove...I have to use them when Eastenders is on.......

I remember that show pg but can't recall the name either. Makeover show though wasn't it?

12/08/2013 at 09:58

Monty did say you could compost in buckets, use what is necessary for the size of your garden!  Monty I find has the warmest tones and he puts a smile on my face :0) and so does carol with her overflowing exuberance! I think this weeks episode produced a feel good factor somehow different to other shows! I regularly knock my flowers with my rear! when trying to get in & out of a border and I actually felt relieved when monto did the same !!

12/08/2013 at 10:08
Verdun wrote (see)

.  Still a need for a garden prog simply about plants....the old and the new .....

That would be good Verdun. I'm more into propagation and growing plants than real soil tilling gardening. I'd love a programme about plants, especially in winter.

12/08/2013 at 15:28

I love GW now, Monty has made it so much  more "arty" and Carols so OTT. All important to us arty types who use their garden to express themselves, though I do propogate all my own stuff so find  Beechwoods great for practical tips, etc.  Love your garden always makes me weep (in a feelgood way).  Anyone know what this  new allotment programe is called?

12/08/2013 at 16:04

I like the way Monty and co are doing the programme with Nigel of course.

12/08/2013 at 23:09

Don't know what it's called, but here's what BBC sent out in February for 'contestants,

http://www.nsalg.org.uk/members-news/contestants-wanted-for-bbc-gardening-programme/

and it seems like GW were also planning something.  Dont know if both connected...

http://www.nsalg.org.uk/members-news/bbc-gardeners-world/

12/08/2013 at 23:13

Found it.  Going to be called "The Patch"....(apparently)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-plots-great-british-bake-1982104

13/08/2013 at 06:40

It may not have the tranquillity of GW but I did enjoy BG with It amateur approach to gardening, maybe amateur is the wrong word but we will have a go and see approach works for me. I’m really quite new to gardening and hungry for knowledge.

No disrespect to GW I do enjoy this program and also Monty's fork to fork video's found on youtube

James 

email image
21 to 32 of 32 messages