Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

loving-this-series-of-gardeners-world

I am just loving this series of GW.  It seems to be more laid back and easy going than it used to be.  Monty walking around with his cuppa and Nigel following behind - just like a real garden.  It used to be more formal.  Maybe it is just me, I don't know but I am loving it and last nights was one of the best, 

Well done Monty and the team image

• staffsmagsstaffsmags Posts: 230

I agree with you, Lavender Lady.      It's perfect for the average have-a-go gardener, but I can well understand that those with plenty of experience and knowledge won't  be happy with it!    Maggie

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

I have to agree with you LL. Whether you have a lot of knowledge or not -  isn't it nice just to enjoy watching something pleasant with no shouting and yelling or loud music in the background!

I must be getting old...image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

Hello all I really enjoyed last night show like getting the wildlife into the garden  Monty was nice and relaxed and me too and a bit clumsey when planting some plants in the garden so nice to know it is not just me like that

Hampshire Gardener
  • chickychicky Posts: 10,409

I've been thinking the same - really excellent this series.

• archiepemarchiepem Posts: 1,155

i would like to see monty with a full mug of tea image

• donutsmrsdonutsmrs Posts: 487

I agree, a brilliant series. I'm with you Fairygirl, no loud music, no shouting it is bliss. Why does everything have to be so loud these days? image

• LisaJLisaJ Posts: 48
    Fairygirl wrote (see)

I have to agree with you LL. Whether you have a lot of knowledge or not -  isn't it nice just to enjoy watching something pleasant with no shouting and yelling or loud music in the background!

I must be getting old...image

Nonsense.  If you're getting old that means I am too.

• I'm in two minds really 

I enjoyed it and I really Like Monty But I would like to see a bit more gardening technique last week and this week monty just replanted a plant and introduced us to his compost area

James 

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Now that Beechgrove has gone nationwide CG - you get lots of tips and techniques on there. One programme for half an hour can't possibly be all things to all people so I wonder if that's why they've done it. If one doesn't suit you the other one might! It's certainly a step in the right direction. The only issue I have is the 'slot switching' which happens over the summer due to sport. I think that needs addressed by the powers that be. Not everyone has cable/satellite tv to automatically record them.

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • LunarJimLunarJim Posts: 56

What is Beechgrove?