Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Membrane

PeegeePeegee Posts: 21

i'm trying to find weed suppressing membrane to lay under slate chippings.   Pretty sure B&Q sell it but can't find on website under any name I've come up with.  Does anyone have any idea of what this might be called?  Thanks.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,065

They call it fabric - http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-weed-control-fabric-w1m-l10m/198575_BQ.prd 

Other suppliers call it membrane so google a bit to compare quality and price.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • PeegeePeegee Posts: 21

Thanks.  found it.

• Hi guysimage does anyone know the name of the heavy-duty weed suppressant  to go under chippings I think it is a 3letter abbreviation and is woven plastic . I heard of it over the past week but just can't remember where or what I was listening to image the brain not in gear.pp

• PeegeePeegee Posts: 21

I've ordered the stuff from B&Q that 'obelixx' referred me to.  We've used it before and seems ok.  They call it fabric (weed control fabric).