London (change)
Today 19°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
41 to 60 of 1,728 messages
25/02/2013 at 23:10
Gardening Grandma wrote (see)

Tina, as the owner of two small dogs which like nothing better than an excuse fpor a good yap, I am deeply aware that it is the responsibility of the owner to shut the little @*#**!s up. (The symbols stand for 'delightful creatures' of course). You are entitled to complain to the council and ask for anonymity.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes/complain-about-noise-to-the-council

Rosa, you just earned your MOB badge. Wear it with pride.

Gardening Grandma wrote (see)

Tina, as the owner of two small dogs which like nothing better than an excuse fpor a good yap, I am deeply aware that it is the responsibility of the owner to shut the little @*#**!s up. (The symbols stand for  'delightful creatures' of course). You are entitled to complain to the council and ask for anonymity.

Already done that GG and approached the owner of one dog who is deposited in a kennel whenever they go out. Swore blind her dog didn't bark! Council said I must keep a diary before they will do anything.  Cutbacks etc. Oh, also have chickens next door but one. Just wish they would lay their eggs later. I will not be moved.

25/02/2013 at 23:11

Sorry folks! 

25/02/2013 at 23:12

25/02/2013 at 23:25

Sorry to hear that, Tina. Horrid to be in conflict with neighbours.

Never mind, Wintersong. Just think how superior to mine your character is!

25/02/2013 at 23:44

I've really enjoyed everyones moans I'll have to write something as I want to be updated, but I don't have any neighbours, I live in the middle of a forest! I'll just have to moan about bindweed and brambles that pop up all over the place and I can't get rid of it.

25/02/2013 at 23:59
26/02/2013 at 06:18

Bust-Lizzie, this is the most fun I've had for weeks. As a fully fledged MOB, I feel I must congratulate you on your choice of neighbours. You have shown superb taste.

26/02/2013 at 07:56
I have a dog who barks ...at something not left in kennel whilst out, we are here all day, all the dogs bark here..... Very rural. If its nothing I stop her , if someone not local I check.
Chickens next door make more noise !!
26/02/2013 at 08:48

G Grandma Let's hope today brings more fun!

26/02/2013 at 09:19

I hope so! I'm off to fat club now - that's where we weigh, moan abvout how we can't stick to a diet and then eat cake. On the way back, I think I'll have a look in Lidl for any gardening bargains. Gardening gives me a better chance of losing a bit of weight. Now for a really enjoyable grouse about how unfair life is because I can't lose weight. Easier than just eating less! Fat club, here I come...

26/02/2013 at 11:35

I think Busy Lizzie that I would rather live in a built-up area with all that comes with it than in the middle of nowhere.   I need to walk out my front door and meet people, even those I don't know!

What I don't understand is why my neighbours think it is acceptable to inflict their yapping dogs on everyone else.  Daughter has 2 dogs, both trained not to bark at nothing.  Good house dogs so when they do, you know there's something bothering them.  It can be done.

My sympathies with the slimming GG!  Kept them in business for years.  Found SW suited me best, 

On the slimming subject, I do hate those people who think all overweight bods are forever shoving food in their mouths.  It is genetic.

26/02/2013 at 12:18

No not all over weight is genetic.

I have been to my weekly weigh in this morning and I can assure you I was the only fatty in the family. A lot of it is down to attitude of mind you have to re-train yourself to not eat everything you see - treats then become a real treat as you don't have them very often you also have to train yourself to exercise, leave the car or park as far away from the shop as possible so you walk further.

Like gardening it is not instant, and when you have weight loss you have to work on keeping the weight down all the time - not a case of I've lost the weight - now I don't have to watch what i eat any more

So far I have lost 2 1/2 stone it has taken a year and i still have a way to go, still have my treats, An occassional piece of cake (treat) It's education not just of your brain but of your body as well

26/02/2013 at 12:34

Hello again Grandma - just checked onlline - Lidl's gardening stuff starts next monday.  I'll be in there to get some more shady-lawn seed.....fraction of the cost of the GC, but unfortunately the moss I thought I had erradicated last year seems to have invaded the newly grassed area again......now moss really is something to have a moan about!

and then there are the pigeons....don't get me started.

26/02/2013 at 12:43

Wintersong, I'd give you an A for that post - very funny!

Bjay, you make a good point. One of my sisters is very overweight and the rest of us don't really have a problem. My sis. has been for counselling and knows she has 'issues' from the past which fuel her problem. Anyway, good on yer for your 2 1/2 stone.

26/02/2013 at 13:05
Rosa carriola wrote (see)

No not all over weight is genetic.

Quite agree Rosa.  10 years ago I lost 4 stone at SW. Have been overweight since the age of 7 and as I am a War baby, certainly not from eating the wrong things. However, IMO, some folk are more prone to put on weight than others.  My Mum was one of 8, 4 chunky, 3 normal, 1 like a rake.  I have 3 children, 1 chunky like me who only has to look at a cake and puts on weight, 1 normal, 1 who can eat for England and nevers put on an ounce. He's very, very slim.  That's why I say it's in some people's genes.

26/02/2013 at 13:12

Tina, from your picture I would never have guessed you would rather live in a built up area - seems to be a tent in the middle of nowhere!

Well done Rosa Bjay, and Tina, for losing so much weight. I never used to have a problem, thought I was a slim person (if big boned for my height, size 7 shoes for 5'3"!) but since the menopause I've put on 2 stone, can't seem to shift it. Not that I try very hard!

26/02/2013 at 13:21

Ah, the menopause! Don't get me started on that one!! I was always lovely and slim until that happened - or was it the interest in cake I developed? Even my mother commented the other day on my jelly roll!

26/02/2013 at 13:22
Busy-Lizzie wrote (see)

Tina, from your picture I would never have guessed you would rather live in a built up area - seems to be a tent in the middle of nowhere!

Son's weekend camping trip to Cornwall last year.  Only ones there so he thought he would pitch right in the middle!  Daft as a brush.

26/02/2013 at 13:33

Good afternoon everyone , I was hoping to get to my allotment today but she who must be obeyed had other ideas, she sat me down on the sofa and we had a mutual agreement and then had to do every thing she wanted first ,its going to be a long day ,(must get out early tomorrow) . why do all dogs bark at the post man ,there are 152 houses in my estate and from the time he arrives the dogs start barking 1/2 hour of constant yap yap yap and then the house alarms go off  really loud of course the owners arn't in ,and no matter how often i complain they don't fix the sensors on there doors , 

Derek

26/02/2013 at 13:42

would like to know why in my road why people cant pick up rubbish and put in the bin ,when it has lain on the verge for at least a month,the perpetrator is not coming back to pick it up,it wont vanish (unless it blows my way),and no one else is.why look at such dirt and walk over it to get to the front door.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

41 to 60 of 1,728 messages