London (change)
Today 22°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
04/04/2013 at 21:50

I sent another polite email this evening, pointing out that it was a quality issue. If I don't hear back in a week I will write a letter as advised...thanks Gardening Grandma...

04/04/2013 at 23:03
04/04/2013 at 23:11

G/G "fire breathing dragon"???? Then I met you in Bridgend, where you Nesta's mother?

Frank.

04/04/2013 at 23:11

reviews are a bit off

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/293/

there is also seeds of distinction which appears to be related

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/219/

doesn't look good.

05/04/2013 at 07:20

I'm not that old, Frank! Didn't I tell you I was 27?

05/04/2013 at 07:26

Blackest, thanks for posting these reviews. They are much worse for Seeds of Distinction than for PLants of Distinction and suggest that they are not quite the same company. Odd! I'll remember it though, and stick with Plants of Distinction.

05/04/2013 at 07:57

Thanks for that Blackest. They do seem to be different companies with similar names. I have always been pleased with their products in the past. I am just surprised that I've not had any contact from their customer services department, £2.45 might seem like a trivial amount to some people but it's not...I bought the seeds in good faith and didn't get what I paid for.

I am not an habitual complainer but I have got the bit between my teeth and am quite annoyed. A simple apology would be nice....but by ignoring my emails they are saying 'We don't believe you and anyway we don't care'

05/04/2013 at 08:41

Ain't it always the way CPB. My experience with large companies is that 'customer care' doesn't often live up to the title, but GG's right-if they don't reply sharpish a letter will be more effective. Otherwise you get fobbed off, or carefully filed-in the bin 

05/04/2013 at 08:51

Hi, it's none of my business, but have you tried phoning them?

http://www.plantsofdistinction.co.uk/images/pod_logo.png

Abacus House, Station Yard,
Needham Market, Suffolk IP6 8AS.  
Order Hotline: 0844 856 0763
Customer Service: 01449 721720   
Fax: 01449 721722   

05/04/2013 at 09:46
Gardening Grandma wrote (see)

I'm not that old, Frank! Didn't I tell you I was 27?

About the age I feel this morning G/G with a couple of "0" on the end, better go back to bed and get out the otherside.

Frank.

05/04/2013 at 09:50

I am a habitual complainer! If I have a complaint, I never give up.  You keep at it CPB because what these companies want is for complainers to go away.  I wonder how many they have sold to unhappy customers.  Could be quite a lucrative business!

Must add, I'm not a moaner.

05/04/2013 at 21:56

To complain successfully, it is necessary to be tough, especially of you are a woman.

1. You are being a nuisance and have to be tough enough not to get embarrassed by this.

2. You are likely to be ignored, blocked or labelled and persistence is needed.

3. You have to know your facts and be able to express them and stick to them without being intimidated by the system or by condescending officials.

Or have I gone OTT?

06/04/2013 at 12:36

AND you have to use their system. Having decided that after years with the same house insurance people they were ripping me off I wrote a nice note telling them I would not be renewing with them, I thought six weeks enough time.
No answer and today I get a letter saying they will renew my insurance as usual with me having to do nothing.
Monday I am into the bank and tell them to stop payment, that should get the message across. I have already had two quotes that would cost me half what I pay now.
On reading the papers they sent closely, the only contact is by phone which will be a call centre. I will ring and if I hear anything but a UK accent will slam the phone down.
I like to understand what people say. I like to be able to hear what they say, not always easy. and I also like to know you are not talking to a computer which is just a dead machine unless you push the right buttons.
I rest my case.

Frank.

06/04/2013 at 12:52

Frank/Dad-you tell 'em!

Do you use the saynoto0870 website? I resent the fact that all these numbers are the extortionate 0845/0844 ones. Having moved from BT to Sky I'm having to go through all the numbers I regularly use(as they have different freebies) to get a freephone number or one that's at least a local number so that I'm not paying these ridiculous rates. 

Mind you - with that big increase you're all getting on your state pension in a day or two you'll have no  prob paying your phone bills....

Thosa politicians are a bunch of jokers aren't they? Except thay just ain't funny.

06/04/2013 at 13:14

Fairygirl/ Daughter, you mentioned the one thing that sends me into orbit without fail, the pension old age or whatever, my hard earned DHSS pension is classed as unearned income!!!!????
The fact that through diligence and very hard work, never receiving a single penny from the state I secured enough stamps for a pension does not seem to register with them, it is now and has never been unearned income.
If because I served in systems that gave me added pensions which I did contribute to I have extra income which is taxed and I will pay until I go to the big Parade ground in the sky then that is my business and to be told that for tax purposes the pension is unearned income lights all my fuses.
With a big row going on about people getting hand outs and knowing people who have never had a job where they paid stamps yet have houses and income, and those houses have had more makeovers in ten years than mine bought and paid for has in 30, is it any wonder people like me applaud the Chancellor.
I am spitting blood so will sign off.

Frank.

06/04/2013 at 13:22

Frank/Dad- sometimes we treat animals better in this country than we do our older people.

It makes me furious.

06/04/2013 at 13:44

Please don't be unkind to people whose accents aren't English.  My son fell in love with a girl he met in central Russia when he was travelling - they moved heaven and earth to be together, applied for all the right visas etc and did it properly, got married, applied for all the right things etc all of which cost thousands of pounds.

She sailed through her Citizenship exams and applied for and has been granted British Nationality and has a British Passport.  My son is so proud of his wife.  During this time she's held down a full-time job and passed an MSc in Economics (paid for by themselves out of their hard-earned savings).  

During that time she doubled the sales of the small British company she works for and her employers are very pleased with her.  Yet so often, when someone phones the company to place an order, they are rude to her about her accent - some refuse to speak to her and ask to speak to someone English and some put the phone down on her.  She speaks very good English indeed - she does have a Russian accent but it is no more difficult to comprehend than a Devonian, Welsh or Scottish accent.  It makes her so sad that people are unkind and judge her as some sort of unfit person and refuse to let her do her job, just because of her accent.

She is thousands of miles away from her mother and doesn't see her very often, and I try to be a mother as well as a mother-in-law and it's so awful to have to apologise for the rudeness and intolerance of my fellow countrymen and women.

06/04/2013 at 13:45
Fairygirl wrote (see)

Frank/Dad- sometimes we treat animals better in this country than we do our older people.

It makes me furious.

fairygirl/Daughter, probably why I steer clear of Doctors and Hospitals, for people of our age it is death in their hands and having done long shifts in Hospital looking after old sick people I know that true. We fed them made sure they were drinking and on the odd occasion gave the medication the nurses did not have time or patience to give. I have seen the best and the worst, luckily in the two local Hospitals I have a relative working in one and my Daughter working in the other, we get top of the line treatment, but surely that should be for all.

Can any one tell me why the proliferation of cutlery threads on here, admitted I use a fork to prick out seedlings and a spoon to fill small pots, my knife is for cutting string or preparing cuttings but surely that is the full range?

Frank.

06/04/2013 at 14:34

Ah, but there's all sorts of forks, dessert forks, cake forks, fish forks, carving forks and even pickle forks - there's enough forks for everyone to have a fork of their own 

06/04/2013 at 15:19

Dovefromabove, I understand your defence of extra daughter, (I hate the word In-law so I have extra Sons and Daughters).
My problem is years of noise Military and Industrial have not done my ears any favours, those call centres they have the phones turned down there is noise around them then some one who can barely speak English starts wanting to question you.
My reply always the same is a polite "sorry I can not understand what you are asking" then I put the phone down. They have to make a living although they are in fact only being used because they are cheap labour so the British firms using them can boost their profits, we have had two large call centres closed down in the last few months and people put out of work, I object to that.
Having served in Germany where the accent from the far north to the far south varies more than from Scotland to Cornwall, being understood depended on where you were at the time so I know the problem. My run into and out of love in Wales then marrying a local girl was to do with accent, I could have been married to G/G's Daughter!!!!!!!

Frank.