London (change)
Today 13°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 7°C
06/04/2013 at 21:51
Gardening Grandma wrote (see)

Incidentally, who was it that thought I was running in  a gee gee race? Seen my photograph, have you?

(I hope everybody realises that I am joking....)

It was me GG! 

I think I'm losing the plot...it's because I had to go to Ikea yesterday! On the plus side oldest daughter put the table and other thingy together for me so that I could wash pots and move stuff and make the dinner etc so -result!

MMP- why do you htink I have a pic of a waterfall!

06/04/2013 at 21:59

Dove, you really need to find a prince to snog.

Fairy, isn't that a picture of your house?  I know fairies are meant to live at the bottom of the garden, behind waterfalls, in big toadstools, so I thought this was a picture of where you live!!

06/04/2013 at 22:10

MMP

06/04/2013 at 22:15

MMP- I had to kiss a hell of a lot of frogs-still didn't get a prince 

No- I really live in the turret of a castle and I have long blonde hair- no wait- that's Rapunzel isn't it?

Think I'm sleep deprived..

06/04/2013 at 22:18

I'm exhausted,actually. It was the water jump that finished me.

06/04/2013 at 23:34

Fairygirl/ Daughter "You went to Ikea" no wonder you are seeing horses everywhere, I bet you had the meat balls???
G/G MMP Pentille Tina we are persona non grata it would seem and probably the best way to be, if I wanted a club I would cut a big branch off a tree!!!.

Dedicated gardeners like dedicated anyone do not live breath think and sleep perchance to dream gardening, that would be like having jellied eel for breakfast lunch dinner and supper, well chose your own poison then.
On the bowling green which had lovely gardens which we all mucked in and cultivated as well as the lawns they were all gardeners including some of the women and the high light was the call to tea and a bicky in the garden hut, a big one, where garden talk was banned and every subject under the sun discussed. We restarted work recharged in mind and body, isn't that the way it is supposed to be???

Frank.

06/04/2013 at 23:45

Quite right, Frank!

06/04/2013 at 23:48

Frank/Dad-we had small portions-pony size only!

GG -Except there isn't one!! 

Ththththat's all folks!

Way past my usual bedtime 

07/04/2013 at 00:16

Well a good night, Lewis Morse and pleasanmt chat on here with friends, finish my cocoa, brewed in Scotland and off to bed.
Chicken tomorrow, butter and herbs rubbed into the breast, streaky bacon on top of that and home made stuffing, I saved some sausage meat for that, two hours slow oven and cold on Monday, who said you cannot live on the pension.

Frank.

07/04/2013 at 09:04

Morning, all. This forum is such a happy place over the last 24 hours - laughs and harmony everywhere - that it seems a bit inappropriate to think about ranting. Takes a true MOB to moan at the moment. Will have to talk to a few that I know. No-one on this forum of course!

07/04/2013 at 09:51

I'm going out soon so I'll probably find something to rant about when I come back GG!

07/04/2013 at 11:13

RANT, the sun is shining it is warm the windows are open with air breezing around the bungalow and I am stuck in here cooking when I could be outside, Rats.

Frank.

07/04/2013 at 11:45

Me too, Frank. I usually go to church but got up late and disorganised and have been trying to catch up ever since. The dogs haven't had their walk and are now trying to catch the birds that have the temerity to fly over the garden.

07/04/2013 at 11:54

Oh well G/G, we both slept in together, not often I do but must have had a bit of a nightmare, the bed was wrecked, had to remake it bottom up and that is the washer on as well.
A big free range chicken, local butcher £1 more than T---- but I know where it came from. Stuffing in and around bacon on the breast been basted a couple of times so having to keep working, apart from now that is, quick sit down.
Puddings to mix now and all set to go the last mile, two and a half hours to make, twenty minutes to vanish.
Is that a rant at the end?

Frank.

07/04/2013 at 12:49

When you say we both slept in together, Frank, p'raps it'd better be made clear that these were different beds in different houses!!!

07/04/2013 at 13:46

When you say we both slept in together, Frank, p'raps it'd better be made clear that these were different beds in different houses!!!

GG 

Frank/Dad-dinner sounds damn fine! I know what you mean about time-20 mins is much longer than I usually need! Not a rant just a fact! Puddings- do you mean yorkshires? Mmmm- I make quite a good yorkshire  myself!

Just watching a-z of gardening and I'm glad I've already had my lunch-naturists garden and open day.......what's the matter with these  people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/04/2013 at 14:35

Well G/G, I did lay my head down in Bridgend at one time, my nightmare was probably Welsh Dragons?

Fairygirl /Daughter yes Yorkshires I rarely eat the other kind most are too sweet for me and I have to use sugar for the family although not a lot.
By the time is it served up all the tureens empty and put into the hands of designated washer upper much time has passed by as we do talk. Sounds like they are breaking evrything out there.

Frank.

07/04/2013 at 14:43

Sounds a lot of fun, Frank.

09/04/2013 at 10:20

To my friends (that is if I have any) I will be off air awhile.
My laptop has taken a turn for the worse and very hit and miss at the moment.
Part ordered although looking to buy new, there is so much choice I am taking my time.
Will be back sometime.

Frank.

09/04/2013 at 11:02

Frank, thanks for letting us know.  You did this once on Beeb board and was missing for months!! Hope you find one quickly.  I would be distraught without mine. Not too sure anyone else would be though.