London (change)
Today 26°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 18°C
81 to 100 of 1,728 messages
26/02/2013 at 22:49

thanks GG for advice its ok i dident think you were rude at all i think this is a good thread and with all due respect if any one wants to have a grumble then this is the place to do it,it makes for a light hearted laugh and thats what women like after a hard day  sorting out the family what better than a good moan about dog poo,litter,and neighbors carry on i say.

26/02/2013 at 22:50

Thank you, Jess!

26/02/2013 at 22:51

Thank you Chica!

26/02/2013 at 23:19

well i cant BELIEVE it my nosey cow neighbor ask me when she renews her fence panels can the workman come down my side entrence across my garden,which is all flower beds i might ad,with her fence panels and do HER fence,the reason being she has no back gate so they would have to trapes through her lounge, i just looked at her with me gob open like a b-------- fish befor i said NO sorry.

26/02/2013 at 23:26

Now that's not very neighbourly Chica! Next thing is she will be asking you to fix it.    

26/02/2013 at 23:27

justmoaning 

27/02/2013 at 08:03

Good on yer, Marty. Keep up the good work!

In my capacity as an MOB, I feel like a rant this morning about Rudeness. Now I'm a car driver and have a wonderful time while driving, insulting other people foolish enough to use the roads at the same time as me. I was a RE teacher and my pupils would be truly astonished at the language I sometimes use to describe the actions of other drivers. (This is while I am alone, of course. OH would also be shocked!) Driving does bring out the aggression in one! However, while actually present with people. I quite like to be kind. And polite. I have fairly posh in-laws who know exactly how to insult a person with icy politeness, but crasser individuals (such as myself) are just plain rude. Someone commented on another thread that one shouild engage one's brain before putting one's fingers into operation. Some people seem to forget that while they are sharing an 'in-joke'  with another contributor, the person they are commenting about will also be reading what they wrote.On the whole this is a friendly and helpful forum and I've certainly learnt a lot and had quite a few laughs since I joined, but I have occasionally been quite shocked, too. And that's after a lifetime of being insulted by adolescents!

Rant over. Time to behave myself.

27/02/2013 at 08:41
Just when I'm outside and in the middle of a garden project.....the phone rings. With dirty hands, kicking my boots off en route and in a great rush I answer it. No one there, no message left and it's a caller withheld number. I return to garden and the phone rings again........
27/02/2013 at 09:00

As you probably know, those are sales calls, Verdun. Apparently, if there are 25 salespersons, the machine rings 28 numbers so that time is not wasted on waiting for people who are out.

It's a good topic for a rant, though. No time now, but will definitely rant later.

27/02/2013 at 09:04

GG. It was me who made that comment about engaging brain before fingers. The reason being there are certain individuals on this forum who take great delight in causing trouble and and provoking people. They are known as trolls and thrive on attention and are well known on this forum and have in fact, been banned from others.

I consider myself to be a kind and polite person but have no time for such individuals who are hell - bent on causing trouble on what I believe to be a very helpful and friendly forum.

Not so much as a rant but an explanation.

Right - off to feed birds. (Not trolls )

27/02/2013 at 09:22

No criticism Jean - I agreed with what you wrote. I was holding it out as a good piece of advice, though I may have failed to communicate this properly. (.Also, I did already understand what you are saying, though it took me a while because I am relatively new to this forum and don't know what has happened in the past.)

The required rant to follow this is one about trolls. Don't know enough about it myself, but I'll bet some people here have suffered at their hands. 

27/02/2013 at 09:57

That should be a good rant. Looking forward to reading the comments.

Nothing really to say on the subject except that I feel a little pity for them. No life.

However ....................................

27/02/2013 at 10:04

Oh Verdun, that' something that bugs me too, but after years of running for the phone in muddy boots I don't bother any more. If it's important they'll leave a message or ring back.

27/02/2013 at 11:31

Trolls ladies are best ignored, do not be drawn into replying to them at all, that gets them very hot under the collar, they say bad things to get recognition so if you ignore them you won they lost.
Having been on these boards various for over thirteen years you learn the ropes and if they do annoy you there is always Alert Moderator button.
Phones I ignore them too, the family will phone me on the Mobile which is always with me, if it is important people will ring back when you are having a meal, watching the one decent programme on TV or nodded off so worry not.

Frank.

27/02/2013 at 13:25

My lovely(?) neighbours reported me to the the ASBO line for cutting back some shrubs. MY shrubs in MY garden that were completely out of hand! They shouted (their usual way of communication) that the Dr's surgery behind us had complained except, as I am in the garden, several doctors have asked if I can actually cut more down - which I now have. They also dump christmas decorations and bedding plants - in carrier bags - in the space beside my garden - I am the end terrace - and then report me for doing it when I never use bedding plants and have a compost heap. Grrr grrr. 

27/02/2013 at 13:45

Sorry to hear this, Muvs.Trolls and some neighbours appear to have a good deal in common! Both act out of mischief and some obscure anger. Why are they reporting you? Don't want to stir but I'm wondering whether someone has reported them and they think it might have been you. My neighbour does not speak to us at all (preferable to your experience) and has been rude many times, for reasons we do not understand, since we have actually tried to be helpful to him.

27/02/2013 at 14:15

Fully concur with Frank about Trolls.  Best ignored.  Saying that I once got my wrist slapped for telling a troll to 'bogof'.  Was on the Beeb board though and you know what they were like!  I haven't really come across any really nasty ones on this forum, just the odd one or two who have nothing better to do for a half hour or so. 

Reading the problems some of you have with neighbours, I feel very lucky to have such a lovely bunch, even though I want to shoot the dogs!  They are all very much younger me (only one more older neighbour to pop her clogs before I am the longest resident).  I'm designated to take in parcels, etc, and they will help me out if they can. 

My biggest gripe at present is trying to get an appointment with the Doctor.  OK if I want to prebook one 3 weeks Tuesday, but can't have one tomorrow, even though they are available.  Who thought up such a stupid system. Anyone else have this system?  Have, naturally, already winged my complaint to Practice Manager.

27/02/2013 at 15:25

Hi clogger head,to organise my neighbours to as much clean the their own front path would take a major operation since most don't talk to each other and think it beneath them to do so.So I think I am just going to have to do it myself ....off to get a brush and barrow ,see you .

27/02/2013 at 16:22

Why all this aggro with neighbours, I do not understand it, my neighbours send each other Christmas cards and never fail to stop and talk if I am working on the front, lovely people all.
Saying that we are all fully detached and seemingly all gardeners although one lady over the road gets a bespoke gardener in who makes it last a week with a couple of trucks and machinery.
I mind the lttle dog for one while she is at work three days a week, he is a lovely lad she thinks he is a Jack Russel I know he is a Corgi, still good company. Also take in the parcels for them and we chat when they call to pick them up.
I ask are we Northerner's actually more friendly or could it be the more space between neighbours the better they become, just asking.

Frank.

27/02/2013 at 16:56

Good point, Frank. Our neighbours on each side are very elderly and I suspect maybe the hostile one is affected by his medication. We have some nice neighbours, too! Small gardens mean we live cheek by jowl and there is scope for silly quarrels. The Welsh are quite friendly really!

81 to 100 of 1,728 messages