London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
1 to 20 of 38 messages
21/07/2014 at 23:08
That's it. All you luverly lasses, suddenly swoon. So go on say it. Mike! it's not all that time ago, you didnt have a good word for the guy. Who Sir? me Sir! No Sir. I admit that, yes I did express my personal ideas about Monty. However I have read up about him, and he really has gone through the wars etc. Believe me. I like the chap. In fact, I would love to meet him and sit and chat. He has a certain personna. His writing skills as a journalist, leave very little out. He has this natural friendly attitude and ease of speaking. To be honest. IMHO if anyone failed to get along with him, then, check yourself out. So, Michael. What's bought all this on. Well during these hot swetty days. Mike has done his best to escape the heat of the day. At the best of times. The Television and I are, not what you might cal close friends. However with the DVD application. Now that is of benefit to me. So, yours truly has just finished a world-wide tour with MONTY...cheer and hand waive! Yes. I have the boxed set of. Around the world in 80 gardens. FAB. It really was as if I had escaped Eltham and was now travelling the world. The man is a genious, His commentary so free and natural. Sadly Monty, as much as I enjoyed the travels, and believe me. I will often return on dvd to those places. During all those miles etc. Out of all the specimens seen. I counted just four named references to plants etc. Never mind. Monty should you read this. Well done.
21/07/2014 at 23:14

But you missed the best bit about Monty........Nigel!

A paragraph or two wouldn't go a miss

21/07/2014 at 23:18

I think he's a splendid chap.  Good at presenting (even if the director/cameraman is awful at showing us what he's doing) and seems to have a nice personality.  I read his Ivington Diaries    a few years back and I found it fascinating and moving.  And early the other morning (when I couldn't sleep) I caught a prog he'd made about French gardens, which was also fascinating.

21/07/2014 at 23:22

Well as you know Mike, I'm a Monty fan and a Nigel fan, I think both are fab. I would absolutely love to meet him but would probably get starstruck and say something really stupid!!!  However there are others that disagree....so be prepared 

21/07/2014 at 23:26

OL, I was just waiting for the first of the whingeing brigade,

Did you set it up on purpose Mike. It must be a least a fortnight since the last lot. 

Lyn
22/07/2014 at 00:38
Bamboogie wrote (see)

But you missed the best bit about Monty........Nigel!

A paragraph or two wouldn't go a miss

Less full stops would be good as well.

22/07/2014 at 06:37

In the spirit of balance and open discussion his time at GW has seen a dumbing down with background music, dogs and aimless wandering around his garden. If it wasn't for Carol I might have given up altogether. He may have made some good garden programmes but GW is at an all time low. "Discuss"

22/07/2014 at 06:47

Monty doesn't 'make' the GW programmes - he is the presenter.  Production style and much of the content will be down to Producers and Directors. It's like blaming the newsreader for the content of the news. 

22/07/2014 at 06:51

I doubt that very much Dove. MD is a journo with his own opinions and works from his own garden. I think he must have a huge influence on what is put out and how. I know I would want my say if it was "all in my name" and I had the opportunity of influencing things. He is no-one's puppet or mouthpiece.

KEF
22/07/2014 at 06:54

I thought we'd done this subject to death

22/07/2014 at 06:59

I think you're right KEF  

22/07/2014 at 07:01
I like Monty, he reminds me of my grandad! Each generation has its GW presenter, Monty is mine, i wasnt watching it when Alan did it, so i have nothing really to compare it to! Im just glad i can watch a gardening programme on "normal" telly! Yes i do have a soft spot for Nigel
Ive watched some Geoff Hamilton stuff when we had sky, i loved his very practical ways, i think the ornamental kitchen garden was one of the best series i watched
I enjoyed watching Alyce fowler when she was on gardeners world too, i think it needs some young blood to go with the old, im not having a go, but it has turmed in to a show watching people do flexi time in their own gardens most of the time, as much as i love longmedow, i would like to see a GW garden again, maybe this time with a little animal husbandry, wildlife gardening, you know, the kind of stuff that is done now
Still love GW, Monty and Nigel! Would be gutted if it was taken off!
22/07/2014 at 07:02

I don't disagree either, but I did get a glimpse of a red rag.

22/07/2014 at 07:32

Personally I would like to see a gardener presenting GW, rather than an actor/performer.

22/07/2014 at 07:45
Sorry Woody, didnt mean to offend????
22/07/2014 at 07:45
KEF wrote (see)

I thought we'd done this subject to death

We have but it won't lie down

22/07/2014 at 07:56

Maybe we should try staking it 

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/53371.jpg?width=466&height=350&mode=max

22/07/2014 at 07:57
That made me laugh! Nice one Dove
22/07/2014 at 08:09

..garlic, anyone?

22/07/2014 at 08:14

1 to 20 of 38 messages