Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 97 replies

Andrew Kenneth

Has he got another one as last night on Gardenrs' World there were two?

Hostafan1

another distraction from gardening.

flumpy1

That new dog as been there for a few weeks now 

Advertisement

flumpy1

I saw the dog pushing the barrow last week 

Dovefromabove

David ... we're not daft ... we know that scenes are planned, story boarded, scripted, rehearsed and filmed probably several times.  I think it's amazing how co-operative the robin is.

Like a lot of people, Monty gardens with his dogs, a lot of the viewers like seeing them.  My assumption is that, given that Nigel has had some health problems, the Don family wanted to get a younger dog rather than feel totally bereft when Nigel eventually goes to that great field of tennis balls in the sky.  If you want to think differently, so be it. 

Lou12

I read in Gardner's World earlier on that Monty used to have two cats as well. What a shame they have passed on. That would have been fun

flumpy1

At least they where well looked after and lived a happy life 

Wintersong

Why do these beautiful and loved creatures attract so much discussion? 

Whether I think they should be there or not, it totals mere seconds in the grand scheme of things ... the real issue is half an hour a week of televised gardening, (not including special series) that is constantly interrupted by sport in the height of the season!  

B3

Gardeners' world - dog - why?

Crufts  - chrysanthemum - why?

Because dogs and chrysanthemums make our lives happier. 

Advertisement

Steve the Gardening Vet

I never have been able to work out why Monty saying hello to the dog for ten seconds during his bits to camera seems to cause such fury...

Pat E

I really like seeing the dog interacting with Monty. I haven't see Nell yet.

punkdoc

I find it interesting how many people on here, actively spend the whole programme, looking for things to criticise.

If you don't like it [ him ], then don't watch it.

I love it, he is a: poet, beautiful writer, innovative gardener, and all round nice guy.

Plus one of the dogs is named after me.

chicky

That'll be Dr Nellie then