Forum home Talkback
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Montys secret history of the English garden

Hi guysimage just watched this wonderful program  it's boosted the autumn garden blues I can't wait to start planning my spring garden  Hope others of you enjoyed it tooimage now off to bed with a smile  rather than a worried frown after the weekends awful  news . 

• Thanks Verdun but have you looked at Steve's remarks on boring garden tasks  I am a little put out that he infers us gardeners use sleeves instead of dirty gloves to cure an itchy nose bad form .image what does he want us all with muddy faces I don't mind being a member of the black hand gang  but black face gang doesn't have the same ring to it image what an embarrassment image

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

watched Monty's new show with keen interest and loved it looking forward to next week. Nice one Monty.

Frank.

PS, what's all this then using the sleeve of your cardy to wipe your nose? I just uses a lettuce leaf then put it in the salad bowl?

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

I thought  it a pile of plap. 

What "secrets" were divulged ?

All this stuff has been known forever.

Devon.
  • GWRSGWRS Posts: 8,478

Nice , easy watching TV about gardens , new info to me 

Looking forward to rest of the programmes image

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

It was a lovely programme, the bits I saw. I'm afraid Monty's voice always sends me to sleep!

Frank! Yuk!

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

Missed the start so came in at the Hampton Court part.   Pleasant enough programme but no new insights.   Agree with Busy about Monty being soporific.  

Good to see Levens Halls garden again.  Here are some pics I took there in July 2011 - http://s211.photobucket.com/user/Obelixx_be/library/1107%20Levens%20Hall?sort=2&page=1 

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

Lovely photos, Obelixx.

I found the forging of antique shears interesting and the using of them afterwards. But topiary isn't really my thing, too formal and so much extra work!

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

I love Levens Hall. Not seen the prog but will enjoy the views if nothing else takes my fancy  image

I'll take a look at your pix later obelixx, when I have time. Back to work in a mo. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...