London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 16°C
23/05/2013 at 20:52

Just joined in - you all seem to be having a virtual good time - any gardening going on!?

23/05/2013 at 21:05

madcat- we're on the Evening Forkers now ... confusing isn't it! All full of cake and chat cos of the rubbish weather

23/05/2013 at 22:14

FG, loved the photo of empty plate

Now...deep fried salad......

23/05/2013 at 22:35

Good heavens, you can tell the weather's not been good today, sounds like a cookery forum!

23/05/2013 at 22:50

Busy-L, you are so right, what with hail the size of large peas and coming back from seeing a friend with 'dead men's fingers'; having to quickly lay the fire and light it to avoid chattering teeth It IS nearly JUNE. This is not really what one expects! Have had to heat G/H tonight.

23/05/2013 at 23:06

No wonder things are boring on Evening Forkers. It is all going on here! And I missed the cake! Just for that, I'll open a packet of biscuits - and I won't even give you one!

23/05/2013 at 23:09

Morning Forkers! Am I first? It's gone midnight in France! Does that count?

24/05/2013 at 00:05

4 minutes past the witching hour - I'm off to bed to dream of a good day with at least some sunshine tomorrow - goodnight all.

24/05/2013 at 07:12

Morning, all. Not too hung over, I hope, after the party last night - the one that I missed!!!

Looks like rain is on its way here. Family coming from Herts on Saturday to stay for a week. Why does it almost always rain when they come? We've got lovely beaches but they're just not the same in the rain... I saw on the news that millions have been spent on Colwyn Bay beach, including importing new sand. It gave me a mental vision of hundreds of people sitting on the beach in the howling wind and lashing rain, huddling under blankets and unbrellas and eating sandy sandwiches. Just my cynicism about Welsh weather. (I've never actually been to Colwyn Bay, which I'm sure is a lovely place!)

What a moan! My natural home must be MOB rants!

24/05/2013 at 07:50

Morning all,

Very full still after all that food yesterday....

Its like "Groundhog Day",,bit of sun,grey skies and that wind!,Forcast for Sat/Sun does,nt look too bad ,but Monday aghhhhhhhhhh.

Running out of greenhouse jobs,well space really,not sure yet what I.ll do today.

24/05/2013 at 07:54

Morning all. Nice here but then it couldn't be much worse than yesterday's cold and sleet!

Tomorrow's to be good more or less everywhere GG, and Sunday too so make the most of it before the rain comes back on Monday in the west . I'll be working anyway 

Hope you can get a bit more done with your revamp but make sure you have plenty of tea breaks too 

24/05/2013 at 07:58

Thanks FG. I'm still half-crippled from Monday - tendonitis in ankles has set in! And me only 27! So the tea breaks will probably be longer than the gardening sessions...

24/05/2013 at 08:02

Hope you are feeling better soon GG.

24/05/2013 at 08:25

Here's a little bit of cake I saved for you GG - but shhhh...don't tell Verdun 

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/P5240835_zpsefdf4fde.jpg

24/05/2013 at 08:45

Cake?

Morning folks

Just noticed how huge my Heucheras are this year.   Anyone else noticing this?  They seem to have enjoyed the weather.  Some of mine must be double normal size.  My stipa Gigantea too is better than it's ever been...7' tall plumes, must be 30 of them. So this cool spring has suited many plants.

However my runner beans, normally by now about 6', are only about 2' high!!

Crazee season. Have good day everyone 

24/05/2013 at 08:51

Morning Verd. You can share the cake....there's some left but get it now before my girls get into it...

I have a few little heucheras which were tiny little seedlings I plucked from a step at work (where they'd seeded) about a year ago. They were brought here all in one 12"pot in Feb and I just planted two of them out at the front the other day- both about a foot high. They were less than half that when I  split up out the original pot about 6/8 weeks ago and the third one is now filling that pot.

24/05/2013 at 08:53

Morning all this is late for me off work today but still up at 6am had to take daughter into work Glasgow as she has a party tonight so did'nt want to take her car. Just had my tea & toast now going to my local GC they are doing levington tomato grow bags for £2.99 each and 3x60L of compost for £12 need a good few of each and have a look at the bargain corner as i always do. Then back home and into the garden got to add more soil to my tatties get tomatoes in the grow bags. Maybe today if not tomorrow plant my mum's ,primula vialii's,pennisetum fireworks,marigold's, aster's in my front garden. Just had a heavy rain fall but sun out now not to warm but hopefully get warmer as day goes on still got 2 planter's to build so must get them done sometime over the weekend have a good day all.

24/05/2013 at 09:00

Morning all. It's actually sunny at last, but only 5° earlier. My heucheras are bigger than usually too and my runner beans haven't moved since I planted them out.

24/05/2013 at 09:26

Morning all, I'm also on hols today - took a couple of days to extend the BH in order to catch up with some oustanding jobs in the garden.  Haha - it's 7C, dark grey skies, raining, blowing a gale and forecast to stay like this until 8pm.  There's a tonne bag of topsoil coming today which will probably weigh 2 tonnes by the time the rain stops!  Think I might just have another cup of tea or three before I get started..

24/05/2013 at 10:00

Do you want some cake Bob? There's a bit left...Verd's not got it all yet