London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
30/05/2013 at 10:30

Morning all. Another depressing day here.I expect I shall spend most of it on the sofa

30/05/2013 at 10:40

Cold and damp here too. Rain forecast today. Going to do some ironing. Going into Périgueux this afternoon.

30/05/2013 at 10:46

I have just cheered up [ fickle moi ! ] Why you say in unison. Well i have just ventured out and the first himalayan poppy has opened. Un matched beauty and always a thrill as they are not supposed to do well here. I had no flowers last year but sowed more seed in the winter and today heaven.

30/05/2013 at 10:52

TT - you should get her to join the weetabix club! 

30/05/2013 at 10:53

Punkdoc - how lovely! We need photos 

30/05/2013 at 11:14

Yes, photos please.

30/05/2013 at 11:42

I'm close to cheering up as well. The forecast for the next few days looks much better 

30/05/2013 at 11:52

Chicky, not often she's here in the morning so her wish is my command.  Only had two weetabix anyway. At the moment, she is eating a bag of Pickled Onion Monster Munchies,  very noisily. Sounds like a cement mixer going. Might suggest she sucks them.

30/05/2013 at 13:28

Tina...

Give her porridge-that'll put hairs on her chest...or make her hair curly.....or something....

The sun is out and looks like today may stay dry....concrete here I come!!

Punkdoc-we're all quite sad really aren't we!!

Nothing so lovely as seeing a plant open or a bird singing though. Admire it for a while. Simple pleasures for us simple folk!

30/05/2013 at 13:32

Isnt it always the same. Got camera out ready to show off my wonderful himalayan poppy and the batteries flat and wont charge up.

With the petrol lawn mower giving up at the weekend I am getting frustrated.

30/05/2013 at 13:39

have I signed in today - or am I late 

Totally lost track - tha sort of day so have started prioritising again to try and get back to 'normal'.

have done gardening in GH - split a plant think I've killed it!, sown some late dwarf beans, done battle with awning - wet so somehow we need to dry it - Yuk weather is not on my side

Trying to get sponsors for daughters London to brighton charity bike ride for Macmillan - easier said than done

Generally feeling overwhelmed again 

30/05/2013 at 14:16

FG here's a photo of my first iris that's nearly open.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24360.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

30/05/2013 at 14:19

Matty could you do some sort of link on here for the bike ride? I'm sure many people would happily donate a little. Blackest is the IT expert-he might be able to help in some way.

Tina- forgot to say hope you're feeling a bit better today 

Punkdoc- I know the feeling! I kept trying to catch the two robins who visited the feeder every day but as soon as I reached for the camera one would go or, like you, the batteries would!

30/05/2013 at 14:28

I adore Iries

30/05/2013 at 15:13

Started raining again and not warm either. Thought was supposed to clear up this afternoon.

No, still not right FG.  Putting it down to my age. Really tired and everything is an effort.

Lovely Iris Andy.  Seeing it reminded me that I used to have several in my garden but they have, over the years, disappeared. Wish the weeds would do the same.

Just taken delivery of a portable gas grill for someone across the road. Took something small in for her the other week and courier didn't put a note through her door and, eventually, I had to take it to her. Told him not to bother to do so today .

KEF
30/05/2013 at 16:12

Sorry you're still not tip top Tina, get well soon

30/05/2013 at 16:26

Tina you like me need the sunshine. We did have some sunny days but overall have had too much rubbish weather.

Matty hope you soon feel on top of things, again good weather would help with the awning and to dry the washing.

Andy beautiful colour.

Punkdoc I've started taking pics with my phone- I always have it with me.

Fairygirl hope you soon get that fence finished, you will have a real sense of achievement when you do.

Everyone else lets hope for great weather across the whole country and down into France Lizzie.

30/05/2013 at 16:52

It's been a scorcher down here on St Ives Bay.  Plants are noticeably responding to the increased sunshine by growing like mad......runner beans, for example. And flowers are opening out too

Tina, I've sent you sunshine and higher temps....hope you got it ok?

Fairygirl.....isnt that fence done yet ? 

Cut my hedge last night as it was getting dark.  This morning I was relieved to see it was still looking ok.  

30/05/2013 at 17:18

Thanks Verdun. Hope it might make it by tomorrow. 

Think you're right Bev,  I can't get enthusiastic about anything at the moment.  Would just be great to sit outside and have a bit of sun and warmth instead of sitting indoors with heating on. 

30/05/2013 at 17:24

Thank you for that.

I think if anyone is interested in donating, if they PM me I can send them a link I have, unless Blackest can come up with a way of keeping it open but discrete.

The charity is Macmillan Cancer Care.

I am proud of daughter as she has CFS/ME and has it well under controll, but worrying myself sick about what she will be like when she has finished, she is training carefully and amongst her pals is a doc so ........