London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 5°C
30/05/2013 at 18:15

It's a wonderful thing she's doing and for a very good cause. I expect she'll be fine, it'll be motivating with a sense of achievement when she's finished, even if she's exhausted and needs a little time and bed to recuperate afterwards.

30/05/2013 at 18:24

Great cause Matty - you should be really proud of her.  PM on its way!

30/05/2013 at 18:52

Just in Matty -will PM you too!

30/05/2013 at 20:06

TT, I hope you will feel better soon

31/05/2013 at 06:38

Good morning all; it looks misty outside, it isn't too cold, could this be the day I finally get some gardening done?

KEF
31/05/2013 at 06:54

Good morning, 12 degrees and sun..

Morning Artjak

Today the cumbers go into final pots in GH..they can sulk if they like. Got sprouting brocc to get in & I'm in two minds about planting sweetpeas out.

Hope everyone feels well today and sees some sunshine.

31/05/2013 at 07:05

KEF, I've had sweet peas out for nearly a month; they are sturdy and finally starting to put on some height. They are in pretty sheltered position.

31/05/2013 at 08:01

Morning all. Nice here and looking good for weekend. Had my sweet peas out for a while too but it turned horribly cold after I did that and it checked them. They're only just starting to move now. 

More fence for me today but need more supplies. Could do with cutting grass and have other plants to pot up so will see how my back feels!

Hope everyone has a good day 

31/05/2013 at 08:19

Morning everyone

Macmillan cancer care is brilliant.  I lost a sister....aged 32....to cancer and Macmillan were so good.  It's something I support regularly

Matty it's so easy for us to say dont worry so much but we all do it. But optimism, positive thinking and taking each day as it comes is the way I think.  You are right to be proud of your daughter.  Gardening helps me too.  I would have said this in a pm but I'm sure I speak for all of us ...your forum friends......when I say we wish you and your daughter all the very best.

Be happy Matty

KEF
31/05/2013 at 08:26

Verdun well said.

Matty best wishes to you & your family.

31/05/2013 at 08:52

Morming all,..........The sun is just coming out,and there are definate signs of  blue  skies.it may be warm and sunny today.

Potatoes in containers are all looking good,I usually grow Lady Cristel among a couple of others ,but could,nt ge them this year so am trying Charlotte,last year tried Internationel Kidney,a failure,very small and hardly any.

Good luck to your daughter Matty,a chairty I am happy to support regularly.

Off out side before visitors wake up.

Have a good day everyone.

31/05/2013 at 09:02

Verd- agree totally -or as teenagers would say-  totes!

I love my little virtual forum family-thank you everyone for the fun and support!

31/05/2013 at 09:17

I am not sure how I can help Macmillan has something called tribute funds which allow you to set up a fund in someones memory and set up events and things. Would that be useful? you can Click here for more information.  It's pretty easy to make a link like that.

To make one you can hold shift and highlight some text and then there is a chain link in the editor next to the smile selector clicking on that you can add the link give it a name and choose to have it open in a new window or use the one where the link is placed ie this forum page would be replaced with the page at your link.

Would this be of any use?

31/05/2013 at 09:23

Another excellent plan.

The National Gardens Scheme is Macmillan's biggest ever donor, £13.8m so far.

Go and visit a lot of gardens.

31/05/2013 at 09:24

I found vast drifts of these wild flowers yesterday

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/421231_526857247352283_108686828_n.jpg

they seem to be bulbs and very tightly packed, someone said its wild garlic but i never noticed a scent of garlic

31/05/2013 at 09:31

You have to tread on them ofsqueeze them to get the smell blackest. They do look like ramsons, wild garlic, allium ursinum, which are out now.

31/05/2013 at 09:32

They just smell a bit oniony blackest. If you break the leaves you get the garlicky smell though! They look lovely at a distance-  it grew in a wood near where I used to live. Usually out a bit earlier but late like everything else in the country this year.

31/05/2013 at 09:43

We posted at the same time there nut! My girls used to bring them back to the house from the wood- house reeked of garlic for days!

31/05/2013 at 09:47

I love them Fg. My patch is growing but has a long way to go to achieve anything like as good as blackest's pic

31/05/2013 at 09:55

It does look beautiful doesn't it! I've gone off garlic a bit and I really don't like the smell of it anyway...

Anyway - washing's done so I'm off to put it out and then go and get cement and screws!

Have a good day peeps!