London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
31/05/2013 at 10:08

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/24417.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

there was no shortage of it here

31/05/2013 at 10:22

pathway GW seems to struggle with photo sized images

31/05/2013 at 10:58

Morning 

Thank you for the lovely comments. If you PM me I can post you a link if you wish to contribute.

The ride is on July 12th so she has a lot of trainingto do - this weekend is her first long ride - about 40 mile - it is 56 miles London to Brighton.

I will keep everyone posted with progress 

I always think that wild garlic looks lovely but draw the line at planting it - there is garlic in the garden  and THERE IS GARLIC in the garden

Trying to do a garden day so that there are less plants for my son to induce drought with

31/05/2013 at 11:03

The leaves of wild garlic are much sought after by chefs.

31/05/2013 at 11:51

I think I've got enough to be useful artjak. Can they replace standard garlic in any recipe?

31/05/2013 at 12:00

Heres a few photo's taken yesterday and wednesday evening

Slideshow

31/05/2013 at 12:21

Another late morning all. Lovely weather here- very pleased that I didn't hurry straight outside but decided to catch up on here first. The postman just came with 3 clematis- if I had been outside I would have missed him.

Hope everyone has lovely weather and enjoys their day

31/05/2013 at 12:22

Looks like a lovely place Blackest, next time, would like to see some of the fish you caught!

31/05/2013 at 12:48

Afternoon.

Thanks Verdun, the sunshine has finally arrived. So far, have cleaned kitchen and cooker and am about to go outside. Yippee.  A bit of sun and the energy level is back.

Hoping everyone is enjoying good weather today.

31/05/2013 at 12:49

The River Awbeg is a tributary which leads into the blackwater unfortunately there are some people who don't have a problem with dumping rubbish in the river if you look closer you can see the dumped paint cans and the big pile of rubbish on the reeds in the middle. Such a shame as you can see Ireland has some beautiful country.

31/05/2013 at 13:19

Nut, I think you rip the garlic leaves up and put into salads. But you could try googling recipes for them

31/05/2013 at 13:24

Afternoon all you late risers.....

Hope you're better today Tina.

Wht clematis did you get Bev?

Blackest- really beautiful pix. Like you I despair at dumped rubbish...what is the matter with these people????? We have lovely scenery here too, as most people know, but I think you benefit from being further south than me with temperatures- it all looks so lovely and lush-all that rain!

31/05/2013 at 13:50

pleased tp hear you are feeling a bit brighter TT. Hope you continue to improve but don't do too much in the garden, it will still be there next week.

Finally have the awning dry and just about manged to get it in its bag!

Have been sorting GH and now outside pots to try to prevent another drought. 

this time of year the more you do the more there is to do I'm finding.

And I am working on before and after pics for that thread, taking ages to do though.

31/05/2013 at 14:12

Afternoon all in for lunch Matty am sure with you and everyone around your daughter will make sure she is well looked after what she's doing is great for the McMillan nurses good luck to her. My father was nursed by them and the family in the last 6 weeks of his life in Sept 2011 last year the family had a charity night for funds for the McMillan nurses last year we raised £2000  this Sept  we hope to raise even more all going well it's the least we feel as a family we can do to help pay back for there great care they gave my father. 

31/05/2013 at 14:12

Thanks 'gels'. Just popped in for a drink as I tend to forget about food and water when I'm outside. Pond done and a bit of tidying up of a creeper on next door's garage wall.  Tried to do some more of the vine, but am a bit concerned at being 6ft up the ladder.  Think I might leave that!

Matty, I think you should heed your own words. You always seem to be on the go. You take it easy too.

Looked at your photos Blackest.  What a lovely place and, as you say, what a shame that people have to spoil it.

31/05/2013 at 14:17

TT glad your feeling better and being in the garden will help you to feel better also but don't over do it nice and easy does it.

31/05/2013 at 14:24

Hi Andy- was asking yesterday what your Iris was- you posted at same time as me so I only saw it later on. Lovely colour!

Had my lunch now and rain's gone off so back out to get on. Taking girls out for tea later now that exams are all done- hurray!

Take it easy everyone who's a bit poorly 

31/05/2013 at 14:29

FG bet the girls are glad exams are over and you best of luck to them for there results enjoy your tea girls. 

31/05/2013 at 14:52

FG, I think you should change your name to Amazon Woman.

Thanks Andy.  Feel a bit of a fraud really. I should be grateful that it's just a lack of energy I'm suffering from.  Ought to be thankful I am in relatively good health.

Am going to try the ladders again. I hate to be defeated. 

31/05/2013 at 15:23

Bit of info on wild garlic

http://uktv.co.uk/food/ingredient/aid/585886 all about the ingredient and this link http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/9194 lots of receipes i think up to a 1000