London (change)
Today 11°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 9°C
15/06/2013 at 16:55

Woody we love you anyway, and it would have made no difference whether you'd 'bottled it' or not. I'd never be able to cope with the stress of doing it- if I was wearing a hat,I'd be taking it off  to you right now  

Wish I could visit tomorrow but it's just a bit too far away 

Off to shops now 

15/06/2013 at 17:09

If all our wishes come true, you will have a fantastic day tomorrow WW. I'll be pleased to be able to uncross everything. Getting somewhat awkward.

I think you're an absolute star for putting yourself through all this work and, no doubt, anxiety. No matter what, you should be proud of yourself. I know I couldn't do it.

Like FG, I only wish I could make it too, but apart from the distance, I will be out of commission tomorrow.

15/06/2013 at 17:23

RE cats, did anyone see the news the other day on that camera survey about cats? they were saying that cats didn`t predate on birds, mice, etc etc as much as they thought. 50 cats followed for a week, 20 dead animals, but then considering there are 10 million cats in the UK and 52 weeks per year i would say that`s quite a lot when cats are a non native species.

15/06/2013 at 18:05

Never did think much of these surveys Fred. I don't think we need a survey to tell us what we already know, do you?

16/06/2013 at 07:13

Morning all sky overcast but forecast good for the day yesterday was a terrible day for weather and me also but feeling a lot better today. It's tea & toast then outside did very little yesterday today am going to build a frame for sides and roof and put clear visqueen on it for the 12ftx2ft planter i built so i can open the sides when weather is good then put tomato plants in grow bags in it. But first it's the graveyard as it's father's day to put down some flowers for my old pal who sadly passed away 21 month ago miss him big time we went everywhere together but have to be strong like he was in life have a good day all.  

16/06/2013 at 07:25

Good morning all    

It's a sad day for some isn't it?  Especially for the family of my dear friend who lost their father much too early a couple of weeks ago 

Sounds like a good idea for those tomatoes Andy - have you got room for mine too? 

KEF
16/06/2013 at 07:27

Good morning Andy & all.

Glad that you're feeling better today Andy. Father's Day will be tough for you and a lot of us. I do think that if you have good memories, which you have, it helps. I'll be taking a wander down the garden to say hello to "Roy" Rose, dunno what it is but it always makes me think of Dad, he loved grafting & showing roses.

Had plenty of rain overnight and it looks like more to come. Got the first flower on my courgettes and lunchbox cucumbers have plenty of tiny ones on.

Hope everyone has a good day & Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there.

16/06/2013 at 07:30

Goodmorning all

Looks like a good day for Woodgreen's open gardens. A good day for getting a few more plants out of pots and into the garden here.

16/06/2013 at 07:36

And we've got the last of the over-wintered lettuces to do something with before planting the courgettes out into the raised bed.  

I think an adaptation of this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1659/?utm_expid=13353178-7&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F will go well with some slow-roast shoulder of lamb don't you?

KEF
16/06/2013 at 07:46

Looks very nice Dove. Please report back as to taste. I love Lamb cooked with garlic, lemon, wine & oregano, bit like Greek Kleftiko...mmm..mmm

16/06/2013 at 07:50

GOOD LUCK TODAY WOODY

Good morning everybody.

Looks damp and set for the day.  

Did my torch and salt solution mission last night.  Not too many but most dahlias had a slug or two on them. Silly creatures aren't they?  They keep coming back to the same plant.  Hostas and most others though uneaten....so far

Keep being optimistic Andy....it's a real roller coaster ride of emotions isn't it?

some echinaceas were about to flower and to the dismay of a visitor, I removed the flowers ...pinching back.  I want flowers and lots of them so it's only a delay of a few weeks

16/06/2013 at 07:54

I've cooked it before KEF, but with Little Gems or big Cos lettuces - it's delish!!!

And yes, that's the plan for the lamb - sort of a Norfolk-ised version of Kleftiko 

I've just had a thought - have you noticed more and more recipes appearing in GW mag?  Maybe they'd give us some cooking-type smileys?  Chef smileys, and licking lips smileys, and hungry smileys   We do talk about food a lot on here .....

16/06/2013 at 08:15

Hi Nut and all friends...yes it looks as if weather is going to be good (enough).

Thanks, I'm going outside for a bit, and may be some time............

16/06/2013 at 08:18

Good luck WW - may the sun shine on you and your garden today 

KEF
16/06/2013 at 08:24

Same from me Woody

16/06/2013 at 08:28

Morning all.

Andy -hope you're better today and you have a good Father's Day with the family. Same trip for me this morning. Doesn't really get easier though does it?

Love to all Dads for today

Woody - yes , you may be gone some time! Glad the weather's holding up for you. 

16/06/2013 at 08:48

Morning all.  So glad you are feeling better today Andy - enjoy your treat tonight.

KEF, you have it so right about the good memories - it's what makes sense of it all.

No gardening today as I am off to Woodgreen!  WW, here I come !!

16/06/2013 at 08:59

Eat lots of cake chick! 

16/06/2013 at 09:07

Morning all, damp day again today. I wasn't just photographing weeds yesterday.  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28894783@N03/sets/72157634147948968/

Hopefully that link will lead to the set I made.  

KEF
16/06/2013 at 09:10

Blackest, beautiful pics, I can't wait for my roses to open. Thanks for sharing.