London (change)
Today 14°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 10°C
25/03/2013 at 15:17

Fairygirl- not all southerns are soft- I've always lived right on south coast so am a southerner through and through. My heating has only been on one evening this whole winter- and that was because we had guests round. My son and I just wrap up in blankets and my cats spend all winter lying on me.

Having said that I want to get some bulbs planted but don't think my fingers can stand the cold!!!

25/03/2013 at 15:24
Bev Pounsett-Krynauw wrote (see)

Fairygirl- not all southerns are soft- I've always lived right on south coast so am a southerner through and through. My heating has only been on one evening this whole winter- and that was because we had guests round. My son and I just wrap up in blankets and my cats spend all winter lying on me.

Having said that I want to get some bulbs planted but don't think my fingers can stand the cold!!!

I was joking Bev!!!Honest! Those furry throws are good though aren't they! I have a very warm fleecy/hairy jumper which makes me look like a yeti- youngest daughter asked me not to go outside in it in case someone saw me!!

25/03/2013 at 16:15
Hi all hope everyone is managing to keep warm, still snow free here but biting cold wind. Just got home and about to get a roaring fire going!

Tattianna, hope your interview went ok today!

I'm afraid I have no gardening talk at the moment, like most of you I'm waiting for the weather to warm up.....no window sills free to use!
25/03/2013 at 16:43

A roaring fire sounds wonderful Woo2 -I'm very jealous! I'm off to get my washing in (at least it's still attached to the line today) and make chilli for tea then watch Mr Hollywood and his bread -or maybe not bother about the bread  Hope everyone stays warm. Tomorrow might be warmer....I can dream can't I?

25/03/2013 at 16:54

I'm just catching up with the posts on this thread.

Fairygirl wrote

GG you must have th epatience of a saint! I've spent most of my life working with kids and/or animals. Animals are easier without doubt 

No, Fairygirl. I was just a fire-breathing dragon! That's why I love retirement - I am remembering how to be a pleasant, uncritical human being who does not need to control anybody. Bliss!

I've finally panted those seeds!

25/03/2013 at 18:22

Have been for a lovely swim in the local hot therapy pool, only problem with that i am always knackered afterwards.  I go twice a week and it helps my poor back and arthritis, hopefully i may get out in the garden tomorrow.

I also had to share the bathroom sink woth 1 of my cats who insista on laying in it when i cleaning my teeth

25/03/2013 at 18:24

Tattianna, how did the interview go?

25/03/2013 at 18:40

I actually managed to get outside for a short time. Only to plant up the hysanths that have finished flowering indoors. Now inside and straight away four cats on me helping me warm up.

Tattiana how did it go today?

Fairygirl thank you for the remimder- I almost forgot about my date with Mr Hollywood

25/03/2013 at 19:44

He's rather attractive isn't he. Just getting cup of tea (well daughter's getting it for me) then I'll organise myself to view....I need to get out more Bev

25/03/2013 at 20:12
Getting excited now......hellebore coming tomorrow.
Been cloudy, dry and cold today....prob 5 degrees at most.
Loads of plants in greenhouse, under fleece and hardy ones in pots growing well now.
Planted couple of violas, blue anemone de Caen.....hopefully spelled correctly....and tulips out at lunchtime.
Itching to get going but conditions not really right just yet
25/03/2013 at 21:24
I took a wander around the garden this afternoon and pleased to see life poking through the compost in my pots, however I haven't a clue what's in what pot as I've just realised the dog has pinched all the plastic labelling tags.....all chewed up scattered around the garden!!!!
26/03/2013 at 05:52

Good morning all  - thanks for the remedy - I've survived the night  but have a very drippy nose  I've got a day's training today so have the opportunity to spread my germs amongst a new group of people 

I'd advise you lot to stay well clear .....................

Keep warm and safe.

26/03/2013 at 06:24

Good Morning all, another chilly night followed by a chilly day I think.  Think I will be buying some heating oil later just to take the edge of it.  The heating oil is scary as it can burn 2 litres an hour.  

26/03/2013 at 06:38

Good morning, all. Still basking in the glow of virtue that comes from having done my seed planting yesterday. Have decided to use a (very) few annuals to add a touch of brightness here and there among the perennials. Busy day today and not much hope of gardening in this freezing weather but might try to mulch a bit later. Makes the garden look well-cultivated and I need to do all the bluffing I can.

Still looking forward to hearing how Tattianna got on yesterday.

26/03/2013 at 06:46

Olbas oil in use - I'm now considering whether to pull out of training session as I can't seem to stop coughing - doesn't seem to be a good idea to go if no one will be able to hear anything 

26/03/2013 at 06:48

Morning all not getting any warmer here. Know what you mean baout heating oil Blackest.Glad I don't have that problem now although gas isn't much better and I need to get a new boiler for this house so system not very efficient. Hope you feel better today Dove. It's miserable. I find those nose spray things quite good. Happy planting - if you can get into your soil and pots 

26/03/2013 at 06:51

Yes, hope you feel better soon. I agree with Fairygirl about the nasal sprays - a real lifesaver (and irritations calmer). 

26/03/2013 at 06:59

Cheers everyone!  

And it looks like Jon cob aka Fish4card (amongst many other things) is trying to cause trouble again - I've alerted the Moderator and am not going to respond to anything he posts.

Now Daniel knows what a total PITA he is he can take appropriate action.

26/03/2013 at 07:16

I've also alerted the mod.

26/03/2013 at 07:37

Bother i've been wasting time with trolls again, how do you know they are the same individual? There are no shortage of trolls on the Internet.

On the positive side I've just checked my radishes which have had two days in my heated propagator and they are so quick! yesterday morning 3 appeared by lunch time it was 5 and this morning nearly every cell has a seedling and some of yesterdays seem to be developing true leaves. I know radishes are quick and easy but that quick!

While i've been writing this post the suns appeared ok lots of white cloud but what an improvement