09/07/2013 at 07:31

Morning all. Lovely day again, here. need a rest today after sorting the front garden yesterday. Off for a few days on Friday, so I expect I'll come home with a couple of plants (or so). Garden is filled with plants from different holidays. Nice memories.

Have a good day, everyone.

09/07/2013 at 07:32

Morning all. Been for a wander round the garden, but forgot I was wearing bedroom slippers, now sodden with dew!

Going to tackle the awful Virginia creeper which is incredibly vigourous and grows all over the shrubs. It's even found it's way into the veg garden on the other side of the house. Previous owner planted it in late 70s. I hate it.

09/07/2013 at 07:47

Andy... you can go to the top of the class today, and a gold star.

Verd, Cornwall played better on day 2, but poor effort on day one leaves them likely to lose today, unless they bowl Wilts out cheaply. Have lost some good players since winning the minor counties championship last year. 2 good young players batted beautifully yesterday. Lovely to watch. Dinner with good friends and home by 11pm.

09/07/2013 at 07:52

Right off to work - have a good day folks - see you later 

09/07/2013 at 08:01

Mornig all. Bye Dove!

Another hot day here. Was too hot and tired to do anything last night after painting fence. By the time I got dinner etc it was after 8 so just relaxed. The thermometer said 31 in the late afternoon. Not sure how accurate it is but it certainly felt like that!

Andy - take a short detour and go to McLaren's Nursery by Lugton...........make sureyou remortgage your house first..

09/07/2013 at 08:05

Morning everyone

No woody, Wiltshire must be cheating. Or, sun was in the Cornish guys' eyes!  

Andy, my favourite Astrantia  is one called Jumble Hole....beautiful jewel-like white flowers.  And Sunningdale variegated....lovely foliage.  Anyway, they're all good plants so good luck

81 degrees today.  Should get some cooling sea breezes mid day though. Not a cloud in the sky yesterday and expect it to be same today.

Earlier. The garden was full of scent from Regale lilies as I took quick tour around.

and, crocosmia Lucifer suddenly flowering ...much maligned cos of its thuggish montbretia cousins lucifer has fine, clear green spear like foliage and those wonderful vermillion red flowers shooting into the sky.  Wonderful time of year.

Keep cool folks

09/07/2013 at 08:17

Hi Verd. Have a question about hellebores which I'll do later as I'm off to work now.

Are you going back to old money with the temperature to make it sound higher?  

Have a good day- presume you're volunteering. 

09/07/2013 at 08:28

Oky doky Fairygirl..

I guess I did... It's just the magical 80 degree mark, isn't it?

Yes volunteering later.  It will be hot.  Have nice day

09/07/2013 at 08:34

Morning everyone  Beautiful clear skies here and for once I can enjoy it...day off! Love the name of that Astrantia Verdun. Not heard of it so gonna google see what it looks like.... Pretty and just found one with my name! Have to get that one.

09/07/2013 at 09:42

Morning all that's left and belated morning to those already gone. 

Took me ages yesterday to realise who The Lone Gardener was Bev. Should have called yourself The Lone Ranger and then I could have been Tonto.

Already warm and I've woke up tired.  Bev would know what I mean. Nothing planned except a bit of washing and keeping cool.

Hope all you busy bees have a good day.

09/07/2013 at 09:44

Morning everyone,

Beautiful here this morningvery warm night,vey difficult to sleep even with all the windows open.

No notifications again

Early morning watering rounds completed,lovely at about 6 o clock.

Verdun your crocosmia is much earlier than mine,looks like about another 2/3 weeks yet before it flowers.

Very disappointing red hot pokers this year,much smaller than usual,less of them and they did,nt seem to last as long.

Anyone know much about using Swiss chard,?  I was given a few plants which have really grown well, but not  too sure about when it is harvested or ideas for using.

09/07/2013 at 10:35

Thanks FG just printed of the directions to it so will try and get along today if not another day looks a great place need to sow my pockets up i think. Woody when the teacher said that to me they also said leave your bag & books you will be back down shortly.

09/07/2013 at 11:06

Hi Gilly  harvest now. Just take off the leaves you want to use...and stems too if not too old...very tasty. Use as you would spinach very similiar in flavour but I do prefer chard to spinach.

09/07/2013 at 11:50

Is Bev the lone gardener? I didn't guess. Saw her on another thread, didn't click on profile as they aren't working.

I'm not getting notifications now, was yesterday.

09/07/2013 at 11:57

I'm not getting any notifications either!

KEF
09/07/2013 at 12:54

Late today, very late today, been tying sweet peas up and watering, and messing trying to post pics that will enlarge.

Scorcher again, but can't complain, cloud due tomoz.

Hope everyone's ok. I think I can here by patio chair calling.

09/07/2013 at 15:35
Busy-Lizzie wrote (see)

Is Bev the lone gardener? I didn't guess. Saw her on another thread, didn't click on profile as they aren't working.

I'm not getting notifications now, was yesterday.

BL, found out, quite by mistake, that if you click on the avatar and then on 'forum posts', up pops poster's posts.  Awful lot of posts there. I recognised them as Bev's. Profiles still not working and it has to be nearly 2 weeks now. Perhaps we should bombard Daniel with messages. 

09/07/2013 at 15:40

Strangely, I AM getting notifications and I have opted out!  

That's a good piece of info, TT.  Thanks.

09/07/2013 at 20:09

Prehaps those of us that want notifications should opt out .

Sorry changed name but left avatar which I thought may be recogonised.

Know exactly what you mean about waking up tired Tina.

10/07/2013 at 06:09

Good morning all   I hadn't twigged that LG was you Bev, but then I'm usually half asleep when I'm on here 

Gorgeous blue skies and golden sunshine here this morning   Isn't this summer lovely