London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
08/09/2013 at 10:19
Mrs g - posts crossed, but we were thinking the same thing - come back Fairy !!
08/09/2013 at 10:31

Beautiful blue sky here in Lancashire today! What a contrast to yesterday.

08/09/2013 at 10:57

Grrr!!!  Having done everything the DWP website has told me to, registering with the Government Gateway and got code numbers and passwords and everything, I still can't do what I need to in order to claim my State Pension online as the site keeps throwing me out   I shall have to phone them up tomorrow 

I shall download my camera instructions instead.

08/09/2013 at 11:30

Happy birthday for yesterday Verdun  

Dove, websites are frustrating! Clearly you are not old enough to be drawing your pension (27 lol) and this is why you are not able to succeed! Phoning sounds like the way forward.

Hoping to persuade OH to go to Homebase this afternoon for more garden bits, and maybe some paint samples for the bedroom. 

08/09/2013 at 11:34

My new camera handbook looks simpler than the Government Gateway!  The latter would give me access to something about Melton Council, and alll sorts of DEFRA forms and regulations, and stuff about how to run a nursery (presumably children not plants), but not a button to press to access my pension details - now it won't let me log in again

08/09/2013 at 15:14

I've just been informed that at 5am today I became a Gt Aunt!!!  Perhaps now I'lll be treated with the respect I deserve!!! 

08/09/2013 at 16:36

I am a great uncle, 5 times over. Obviously the emphasis is on the "Great" !!

... one for each little treasure...well done Dove... you will be a "Great" Aunt.

08/09/2013 at 16:47

Afternoon all.

Friday I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home. Yesterday I slept 'till well into the afternoon and then couldn't get on the internet at all. Today has been a lovely day but I have been stuck inside marking and preparing lessons for next week. Finished now .

It will take me 'till bedtime to catch up on here

Happy birthday for yesterday Verdun

Chicky hope you have had a great day.

Dove looking forward to seeing your pics.

Fairy fairy where are you?

08/09/2013 at 16:55

Mid the big bulb plant and at last the heavens have opened..... No watering for me tonight..... Best I have a glass of wine then

08/09/2013 at 17:11

I was going to upload a picture of our lunch, but it's complicated - whereas I used to find the pics in Pictures in the Library - now they're in My Finepix Studio!  How do I get them out of there onto here? 

08/09/2013 at 17:55

Right, found out how to get them from here to there, and vice versa.  Now it appears that my free trial of Adobe Photoshop has expired   Shall I buy it online?  Is there something else better/cheaper or shall I just go for it?

08/09/2013 at 18:17

I use a programme called 'Paint' to play with pics Dove. Had it years, doubt if I paid for it. Might not do anything elaborate but neither can I

08/09/2013 at 18:31

Hmm, not on this laptop - it seems that I got trial versions of several things - uploading new camera software seems to have triggered stuff to run out 

09/09/2013 at 06:18

Good morning folks  a busy day today at the office - such a shame when it's potential gardening weather outside - never mind - not long now 

09/09/2013 at 06:30

Well its so dark here I can't even tell what the weather's like.  Its not the changing weather that I dislike so much at this time of the year (late summer), but the increasing darkness.  I just hate it when you leave the house in the dark, come home in the dark, and only get to "see" the garden (other than by torchlight) at the weekends.

Well, after that rather glum start, I had better get going - have a great week everyone.

09/09/2013 at 06:31

Good morning Chicky - that was your 1000 post!

09/09/2013 at 06:42

Well dine chucky on post 1000 ! The suns uo here but cold. Won't be long til every day is as you describe (sad smiley not working) .

Morning dove

Morning all n esp if I've clashed post with anyone

Have a good day all

09/09/2013 at 06:42

And so this must be 1001

They always said I talk too much

09/09/2013 at 06:49

Not anything like as much as me 

Good morning Mrs G   Well, winter draws on   We need these cold nights to give us the beautiful autumn colours - should get some amazing leaf colour after this long hot summer shouldn't we?  And the bulbs and seeds need the cold spell so that they grow in the spring.  And a cold and wet winter is a good excuse for gardeners to sit indoors by the fire with their feet up and roast chestnuts 

09/09/2013 at 08:00

Morning all congrats on being a chatter box chicky lol 1000 wow how do you even tell that( I know you didn't count them all...) little one did a bit in the garden yesterday she emptied her raffia pig planter into the compost heap, filled it and then we planted bulbs in it lol she was soooo proud she chose sparaxia and some tete a tete daffs ( I had to take loads out when she wasn't looking!!) it feels like a very dark dank cold day today!dont think we will do muh today oh maybe some washing may even have to think about putting the heating on have a great day all....