London (change)
Today 20°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 22°C / 14°C
16/09/2013 at 14:31

I've come in because its raining again. I started to peg some washing out, only to realise OH had put it in washer , but not actually switched it on.

16/09/2013 at 15:43

lol fidget I would say he must be related to my oh but theN I realised my oh would t have put it in the washing machine in the first place!!!!

16/09/2013 at 15:51

Mine didn't know where the washing machine was kept....

16/09/2013 at 16:02

my OH is pretty housetrained 

except for cooking

16/09/2013 at 17:15

I'm so offended here.  All this talk about us males as though we are just decorative and nothing else.  We have feelings too. .   (hee hee hee)

Lovely day today.  Plenty of sunshine and very warm.  The rain prob is falling somewhere but not here.  Bought helenium Double Trouble today....not a typical helenium but nice chrome yellow "double".  Set in front of verbena bonariensis now.

16/09/2013 at 17:24

Just remember Verdun, us Cornish males don't really do touchy-feely.! 

16/09/2013 at 17:45

Double trouble looks really nice.  I didn't think you would get away without buying something , Verdun.

16/09/2013 at 17:49

See the problem is verd you being a domestic god and all.... All others just don't Match up!

16/09/2013 at 17:55

Of course!  

17/09/2013 at 06:44

Morning all

Looks like another nice day dawning.  My Japanese anemone patch is starting to look lovely - I have some Hon J, Prince Fred, Pamina and Little Lady Julia.  Think i need a couple of Queen Charlottes at the back of it all - sounds like the line up on a Royal Wedding balcony.  Maybe take some pics at the weekend for the "star" thread.

Have a lovely day

17/09/2013 at 06:50

Just checked the weather forecast - best take a brolly

17/09/2013 at 06:56

Good morning Chicky - yep, brolly in car - although that wouldn't have been any good against the hailstorm I drove through yesterday 

I love Japanese anemones - have a patch of pink ones (can't remember which and am too comfy on the sofa to reach my notebook).  The plan was for them to brighten  the corner under the biggest ash tree but they're taking their time to get really established - I'll probably regret saying that in a year or three 

17/09/2013 at 07:00

Morning all cold and windy here feels like December busy doing some seeds for next year in the greenhouses. I got around to replanting my hanging baskets with ivy,trailing pansy,viola and primula's happy with them now. Because of the wind rain and cold the garden now looks a little sad for itself but i hope the weather picks up again before to long for one last show but hey this is Scotland and we never know what weather is going to do off to work now have a good day all.

17/09/2013 at 07:01

Sorry morning chicky and Dove.

17/09/2013 at 07:02

Morning all... Chicky your anenome bed does sound lovely lol at Charlotte ( longacres had them yesterday) ..... Then you should do ruffled swab( wild swan is soooooo last year!!) lol..... Don't have to be in work till 11 so when lo goes to childminder I may indulge in some bulb planting.... Umbrella packed for today thank you chicky.... Verdun weekly garden news has x2 free agastache black adder and summer sunset...... Just FYI! Plus larkspur seeds multicoloured not just white  

17/09/2013 at 07:35

Morning all.

Will look forward to seeing anenome on star thread  dove and others.

Verdun  promises promises...photos please?

once ive dropped car off at garage i will be stranded for most of day. Lavender to pot up, will then put on star or gallery thread.

Will look out for garden news Stacey - that's the one that gives something free every time isn't it.

17/09/2013 at 07:50

Andy, you're making me feel guilty - I need to sort out replanting the big tub on the front porch   Maybe I'll have time to pop into the GC at lunchtime ....

Have a good day folks 

17/09/2013 at 08:10

Morning all. Not much done outside yesterday except bringing the toms inside or it'll be next year before they ripen!

Pix please MrsG and chick. I bought Anemone Whirlwind last week for the new beds but they won't get in till next year. Worth getting what I can now while there's a discount. Had to tie everything down the other day with the high winds. The tall plants were getting a rough time.

Hope it stays dry so that I get something done later. Have a good day all 

17/09/2013 at 08:17

We could do with a thread with website addresses of current offers,share them around. Not everyone buys every magazine.

17/09/2013 at 08:21

Great idea fidget