London (change)
Today 15°C / 12°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 12°C
17/09/2013 at 08:43

Hello each, day off for muscles after yesterday's titanic efforts (compost bin emptied), but then I'm only 27. Off to GC with friend then lunch at secondGC. Must resist buying anything for now as off to Malvern A***** Flower Show (oops, nearly fell into the trap) at end of month.     Rain due, so that fits in nicely. 

Lots of Toms in the GH still so will leave them be until they give up.

17/09/2013 at 08:54
Woodgreen wonderboy wrote (see)

Hello each, day off for muscles after yesterday's titanic efforts (compost bin emptied), but then I'm only 27. Off to GC with friend then lunch at secondGC. Must resist buying anything for now as off to Malvern A***** Flower Show (oops, nearly fell into the trap) at end of month.     Rain due, so that fits in nicely. 

Must resist buying anything for now ...

Just what I said yesterday WW

17/09/2013 at 08:57

Fairy girl...... That's the double one isn't it? Think its the one I went for it is lovely but did get a wee bit battered in the wind!!!!

17/09/2013 at 09:20

Stacey, those agastaches are so very different.  Each very nice though.  I,already have them. ....once you have them ??ou should be able to keep them via cuttings.  Oh, so wild swan is soooooooooo last year is it?

Morning FORKERS.  After yesterday's lovely weather its damp today.  Misty, foggy,miserable.  It's warm though.  Foodbank today.....not so bad when it's wet!  Grow several pelargoniums in conservatory......another flash of whim early this morn and I cut them all back hard.  Bit earlier than usual but they're tidy and will make plenty of new growth in couple of weeks. 

17/09/2013 at 10:28

Hi Verd, a fiend , sorry, friend gave me a pelargonium coloured very dark red. So I will cut back soon as I want to overwinter it inside for next year. Will look to your posts next year about when to take cuttings.

17/09/2013 at 10:57

oops

17/09/2013 at 11:34

Lol yeah verd it is actually sooooo 2 years ago lmao...(I'm only jealous) I'm not getting them but thought you may be interested .... Or they may float someone's boat!!!

17/09/2013 at 12:25

You are soooooooooooo mischievous Stacey.

Off to foodbank now to stock up my larder!!,

17/09/2013 at 12:40

Well, I got the worcester apples in. Most of them anyway. The ones right at the top of the tree I can't get even with the apple picker and a ladder, so the birds will get them.

Just the plums to get in, but its started raining

17/09/2013 at 12:51

Just completed  (well made a good start on) home office work (we cant call it 'paper' work anymore). exhausted (and that wasnt the first word to come to mind).

Car's still in having break things done.

Next job ... ironing or planting? hmmm, raining but not much...

17/09/2013 at 13:50

Home from GCs/lunch.... AND 3 trays of pansies (£5) and 15 hardy cyclamen (65p each) Very good quailty plants at rock bottom prices from tiny nursery nearby. So how on earth could I resist??. My excuse is that these were not on my Malvern shopping list anyway... well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it.

17/09/2013 at 13:53

So happy - the planting won. Really enjoyed potting up the lavender and ivy , found some dianthus to go with it as well. Lavender ready for trimming but just a couple of days more with the flowers finishing before it gets a chop, just to keep me smiling. Will post pics later.

17/09/2013 at 13:54

WW - 'I told you so'

17/09/2013 at 14:11

Woody - I took pelargonium cuttings a couple of weeks back so take some off your new one now and then you'll have loads next year 

Yes - semi double really Stacey so I'll see what it's like when it flowers.

Dried up a bit here so some concreting beckons. A woman's work is never done...

17/09/2013 at 14:49

Fairy mines quite pretty all be it a bit slug munched ATM!!!!

18/09/2013 at 06:31

Good morning all   Jolly damp underfoot here in Norfolk, but a dry gardening day promised for those who don't have to go to work - I've got tomorrow and Friday off when rain is forecast 

18/09/2013 at 06:42
Hi Dove - damp here too, but meant to clear up. My crocus order was picked up yesterday (oh works down the road) and Burncoose are delivering today, so i have a bag full of bulbs for my pots and a few things to get in the ground this Sunday. All v. Exciting!
18/09/2013 at 06:57

I've not started thinking about bulbs yet - shall do so at the weekend and put up with whatever I can get at the three GCs nearby.  I'm only going to do bulbs in pots this year - next year I shall have more time to plan and plant, and I'll have the big new border in the front to fill.

I need to get some Panola plants for a tub on the front porch - I think I'll underplant them with either hyacinch or tulips, and then I'll do something similar for the terrace.  I really need some more big pots - I've managed to fill most of the ones I've got with semi-permanent planting (sempervivums and sedums).

18/09/2013 at 07:47

Morning Dove and chick. I got some Alliums (sphaerocephalon) which I've put into pots with the V. boniarensis I grew this year and they'll go in the new raised bed I'm putting along the sunniest fence in spring. I got white tulips which will go in a big pot and some white narcissi which will do the same this year- probably go in a border next year. I used to have a big pot crammed with white Joan of Arc crocus which were lovely in the late winter. Big pots are more effective I think, as you get real impact.

What are Panola Dove? 

18/09/2013 at 07:55

Morning D,C and FG and all.

Glad you asked that FG.

All your bulbs pots sound great. Mine are dafs, tulips and crocus mixed. Note for next year - best impact all one type in same big pot. I know this already but just never remember.