London (change)
Today 28°C / 20°C
Tomorrow 25°C / 16°C
02/04/2013 at 10:51

How lovely Nutcutlet.  Have you had any contact at all, via Skype?  Find that a great way of keeping in touch when family are so far away.  The only problem I have is that you can see yourself on the screen!  Not always a good sight.

Have a fun time.

02/04/2013 at 11:20

Skype is excellent Tina. Spent hours there at times.

Thanks 

02/04/2013 at 11:51

Liz, there will indeed be piccies though I can't say it will ever be 'done'!  Will be seeking advice and ideas on what will go with the plants I have already bought to put in.

02/04/2013 at 12:23

G'day all

WW this morning  Then foot check up at hospital  may not have to go again as it is as better as it ever will be - hooray. But would so love to wear smart/fancy shoes. Didn't use to but now I can't . Before I always had a choice

Heavy day gardening yesterday so will probably just go around with Grow more and blood fish and bone - just hope dog doesn't eat it

Enjoy your few days nut

02/04/2013 at 13:13

Afternoon all.

I was away without internet for a few days.

Now at my mums for a few days so I have internet access but can't get into my garden.

Bought some Fuchsia which I don't think have been pinched out so I can try to start a standard.

Lovely to see some sunshine

02/04/2013 at 15:26
Hi, just popping in on my phone as at work - didn't I say there would be sunshine when I went back to work? :-/
02/04/2013 at 15:51
Dovefromabove wrote (see)
Hi, just popping in on my phone as at work - didn't I say there would be sunshine when I went back to work? :-/

D'oh!! Typical!

Never thought I'd be saying this in April- but we could do with some rain here....

Tina- hope your provider man turned up - mine arrived early! But he came back

02/04/2013 at 15:56

Hi Fairgirl.  Yep, all up and running, much faster too.  Not that I was bothered but son couldn't use his Playstation (do men ever grow up), hence the upgrade.  BT chap was really lovely.  Had a good chat, like you do. and by the time he left, I knew everything about him except the colour of his pants. 

Sorry to hear that you had to work yesterday. What a pain.

02/04/2013 at 18:44
So doves claiming sunshine is down to her! Oky doky.
02/04/2013 at 18:53

well thank you Dove-today has been beautiful

02/04/2013 at 20:22
Hellebores? Where? When? How? They're mine
Been hectic at foodbank today.
It's felt very worthwhile
02/04/2013 at 20:33

Fat Club was nice - steamed pudding and custard, my favourite. Stripped of calories, naturally. At weigh in, I had lost 2 oz. Really! At this rate, it could be a while before I fit into that size 12 swimsuit...

OH distracted me from gardening by offering to take me shopping. It iwas a sophisticated afternoon touring the cheap shops and noting how many shops have closed in the town centre. Got some nice summer flowering bulbs, plant pots and hyacinths.

Have a nice evening, everyone. I'm half-watching Marple and reading this forum. Larger  dog has just lain right on top of smaller one, who raised no protest, to get king position next to me. Very annoyed when I moved him.

02/04/2013 at 20:37
Fairygirl wrote (see)
Never thought I'd be saying this in April- but we could do with some rain here....

So could we, but remember - "Be careful what you wish for"  It might rain & not let up for weeks!!

02/04/2013 at 20:41
TinaTurner wrote (see)

Hi Fairgirl.  Yep, all up and running, much faster too.  Not that I was bothered but son couldn't use his Playstation (do men ever grow up), hence the upgrade.  BT chap was really lovely.  Had a good chat, like you do. and by the time he left, I knew everything about him except the colour of his pants. 

TinaTurner wrote (see)

Tina 

No men never grow up, they get to about 10 and that's it....

Work was fine - I'm used to working on holidays and we had a laugh so all good.

Feeling that I've earned the tea and Bara brith I've just had as I went for a good walk after work, put a roast on for dinner and then sowed lettuce, spinach , sweet peas, sunflowers and verb. bonariensis. (little black sunflowers which are lovely)

Can't match Verdun for effort though. Give that man a gong I say 

02/04/2013 at 20:47
I'll accept a gong
Gardening grandma, this fat club? Are you supposed to eat that?
Still eating my Easter chocs...although I hate chocolate I have to do that. And, at foodbank someone gave us chocs. No choice....delic.....er... Awful they were
02/04/2013 at 20:48
Brumbull wrote (see)
Rise ...... Sir Verdun.

Now go and get your coat ............. lol

Brum- Shouldn't that be get your cloak....

02/04/2013 at 20:48
Thank you my.man Brum.
02/04/2013 at 21:04

Ooo- errr!!! Gippy tummy - got some different cough sweets - they had that Phenylalanine in them - spent the rest of the day wearing a furrow in the corridor running back and forth to the Ladies   Won't have them again 

02/04/2013 at 21:57
Ok I will gather my cloak dear minions
02/04/2013 at 22:41

GG could you please explain what size 12 is.  Not something I'm familiar with.

When you two boys have finished playing, this is a gardening forum, don't you know. 

Just proved us right haven't they Fairygirl.  Always boys at heart.